Обсуждение: Timestamp column & Access linked ODBC table

Timestamp column & Access linked ODBC table

От
"Philippe Lang"
Дата:
Hello,

As soon as there is a timestamp column in a Postgresql table, it's impossible to update it through an Access ODBC link.
I'mnot the first one to face this problem, but does anyone have a definitive explanation, or maybe workaround?

I know that a timestamp, when added to a linked MS SQL Server table, can be used by Access for row versioning /
optimisticlocking. Is that the reason why a PG timestamp causes so much trouble to Access?

-------------------------
Philippe Lang
Attik System
http://www.attiksystem.ch

Re: Timestamp column & Access linked ODBC table

От
Hiroshi Inoue
Дата:
Philippe Lang wrote:

> Hello,
>
> As soon as there is a timestamp column in a Postgresql table,
> it's impossible to update it through an Access ODBC link. I'm
> not the first one to face this problem, but does anyone have
> a definitive explanation, or maybe workaround?

Timestamp means timestamp(6) which Access couldn't handle
properly. Please use timestamp(0) instead.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue

Re: Timestamp column & Access linked ODBC table

От
"Philippe Lang"
Дата:
It works great, thanks a lot for the solution, and for the ODBC driver by the way, which works really fine.

Philippe Lang

Envoye?: vendredi, 28. novembre 2003 08:12
A?: Philippe Lang
Cc?: pgsql-odbc@postgresql.org
Objet?: Re: [ODBC] Timestamp column & Access linked ODBC table