Обсуждение: ODBC

ODBC

От
"Akhona Damane"
Дата:
Hi

I have been trying to connect PostgreSQL server that is running on Linux
from a client Windows 2000 machine, but without any success. I
remembered that I did not install any ODBC drivers with PostgreSQL.

I am running PostgreSQL 7.3, which ODBC do I need to install on Mandrake
Linux and how? And where can I download it from?

Thank you for your help in advance

Akhona

Mr. Akhona Damane
CSIR Environmentek
Spatial Technology
(012) 841 3188
Fax (012) 8412689
adamane@csir.co.za

believed to be clean.

Re: ODBC

От
Benjamin Riefenstahl
Дата:
Hi Akhona,

"Akhona Damane" <adamane@csir.co.za> writes:
> I have been trying to connect PostgreSQL server that is running on
> Linux from a client Windows 2000 machine, but without any success. I
> remembered that I did not install any ODBC drivers with PostgreSQL.
>
> I am running PostgreSQL 7.3, which ODBC do I need to install on
> Mandrake Linux and how? And where can I download it from?

I may be wrong about how this works with PostgeSQL.  But in general
ODBC is not a networking protocol.  You shouldn't need ODBC specific
software on your server.

benny

Re: ODBC

От
"Johann Zuschlag"
Дата:
On Wed, 05 Nov 2003 08:57:21 +0200, Akhona Damane wrote:

>I have been trying to connect PostgreSQL server that is running on Linux
>from a client Windows 2000 machine, but without any success. I
>remembered that I did not install any ODBC drivers with PostgreSQL.

>I am running PostgreSQL 7.3, which ODBC do I need to install on Mandrake
>Linux and how? And where can I download it from?

You need to install the ODBC driver on the W2000 client and not on the server.
ODBC is an api, e.g. to enable Access or other applications to connect to
PostgreSQL (or other databases).

regards

Johann Zuschlag
zuschlag2@online.de