Обсуждение: Re: [SQL] ODBC 7.1

Re: [SQL] ODBC 7.1

От
Hiroshi Inoue
Дата:
Keith Gray wrote:

> Greetings All,
>
> Is this the correct forum to discuss ODBC driver issues?

No, pgsql-odbc is the right forum.

> I have a Linux/PostgreSQL server which has been upgraded
> to run 7.1 - the main reason was to be able to use the
> TOAST extensions. We have some documentation attached
> to fields which is up to 64kb.
>
> After upgrading the server I installed the current (7.1)
> ODBC driver for Win32.

Is the version 7.01.0006 ?

> It now seems that concurrent table writes are limited?
>
> My write times are fairly slow. (significantly slower
> than 6.4/7.0)

Is the comparison for the < 8k data ?
Is it as fast as 6.4/7.0 except concurrent write ?

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue

Re: ODBC 7.1

От
Hiroshi Inoue
Дата:
Keith Gray wrote:

> Hiroshi Inoue wrote:
> >
> > Keith Gray wrote:
> > >
> > > TOAST extensions. We have some documentation attached
> > > to fields which is up to 64kb.
> > >
> > > After upgrading the server I installed the current (7.1)
> > > ODBC driver for Win32.
> > >

> > Is the version 7.01.0006 ?
>
> No... 7.01.0005

Please download the latest driver 7.01.0006.
Other drivers couldn't handle text fields > 8k.

> > > My write times are fairly slow. (significantly slower
> > > than 6.4/7.0)
>
> > Is the comparison for the < 8k data ?
>
> Without the large text attachment.
>
> > Is it as fast as 6.4/7.0 except concurrent write ?
>
> Not sure... lookups/queries are great (indexed and
> vacuum-analyzed) I think the write is slow... (and
> unsuccessful) because of a time-out.

Are you checking the 'Text as LongVarChar' driver option ?

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue

Re: ODBC 7.1

От
Keith Gray
Дата:
Hiroshi Inoue wrote:

> Keith Gray wrote:
> >
> Please download the latest driver 7.01.0006.
> Other drivers couldn't handle text fields > 8k.

Done that now...

> Are you checking the 'Text as LongVarChar' driver option ?

Yes.

It doesn't look like an ODBC issue now...

I have tried all ODBC drivers 6.4, 7.0 and 7.1
with less than 8kb fields and they all seem to
have this same problem with timeout.

To me this seems like a 7.1 database issue
we didn't seem to have with 6.4 and 7.0

Not sure what the timeout is, but I assume
a lock condition.

--
Keith Gray

Technical Development Manager
Heart Consulting Services P/L
mailto:keith@heart.com.au

Re: ODBC 7.1

От
Keith Gray
Дата:
Hiroshi Inoue wrote:

> Keith Gray wrote:
> >
> > TOAST extensions. We have some documentation attached
> > to fields which is up to 64kb.
> >
> > After upgrading the server I installed the current (7.1)
> > ODBC driver for Win32.
> >

> Is the version 7.01.0006 ?

No... 7.01.0005