Обсуждение: Service start up error "The Service name is invalid net helpmsg 2185"

Service start up error "The Service name is invalid net helpmsg 2185"

От
keshav dixit
Дата:
Hi,

Not sure if this is correct forum for this, if not please redirect me to correct one. I am trying to install pgsql 8.4 on windows 2008 64bit server in F: drive and data also on the same drive. I have stup postgres as a local user with admin rights, but service never starts up. I get the error : "The Service name is invalid net helpmsg 2185". I can not find any service related to psql in list of running services. I have tried to install as admin account aand with postgres local user. Please suggest where I might be wrong and how I have to proceed.

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Keshav Dixit

Re: Service start up error "The Service name is invalid net helpmsg 2185"

От
Stephen Cook
Дата:
On 4/13/2012 6:48 AM, keshav dixit wrote:
> Hi,
> Not sure if this is correct forum for this, if not please redirect me to
> correct one. I am trying to install pgsql 8.4 on windows 2008 64bit
> server in F: drive and data also on the same drive. I have stup postgres
> as a local user with admin rights, but service never starts up. I get
> the error : "The Service name is invalid net helpmsg 2185". I can not
> find any service related to psql in list of running services. I have
> tried to install as admin account aand with postgres local user. Please
> suggest where I might be wrong and how I have to proceed.
> Thanks in advance
>
> Regards,
> Keshav Dixit

Have you checked the Windows event log? That might clue you in to a more
specific problem. I've seen this error for various reasons, such as bad
permissions, a typo in a shortcut, trying to use an account without a
login password, etc.

-- Stephen