Обсуждение: Raw Device Support

Raw Device Support

От
Majid Azimi
Дата:
  hi guys.

Does postgreSQl support raw partitions?

Re: Raw Device Support

Дата:
Majid Azimi <majid.merkava@gmail.com> writes:
> Does postgreSQl support raw partitions?

No.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Raw Device Support

От
Mladen Gogala
Дата:
On 09/04/2010 01:59 PM, Majid Azimi wrote:
>    hi guys.
>
> Does postgreSQl support raw partitions?

In Postgres, each table is a file. That means that Postgres needs a file
system. Raw devices are not supported. Unfortunately, direct I/O is not
supported either.

--
Mladen Gogala
Sr. Oracle DBA

Re: Raw Device Support

Дата:
Mladen Gogala wrote:
> On 09/04/2010 01:59 PM, Majid Azimi wrote:
> >    hi guys.
> >
> > Does postgreSQl support raw partitions?
> >

> In Postgres, each table is a file. That means that Postgres needs a file
> system. Raw devices are not supported. Unfortunately, direct I/O is not
> supported either.

We do support direct i/o for the write-ahead logs (WAL).

Re: Raw Device Support

От
Mladen Gogala

Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Mladen Gogala wrote:
>

> We do support direct i/o for the write-ahead logs (WAL).

Yes, you're right, I forgot about that.

--
Mladen Gogala
Sr. Oracle DBA