Обсуждение: Supported by latest Debian version?

Supported by latest Debian version?

От
"Candace Wong"
Дата:
Hi,

I am just wondering whether the latest Postgresql 8.3 is supported by Debian Etch 4 (the latest stable). I am trying to setup a production server and am currently using Postgresql 8.1 but would like to know if we can switch to Postgresql 8.3 as it is the latest version?

Thanks for your help!

Candace

Re: Supported by latest Debian version?

От
"Fernando Ike"
Дата:
On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 10:29 PM, Candace Wong <candace.p.wong@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am just wondering whether the latest Postgresql 8.3 is supported by Debian
> Etch 4 (the latest stable). I am trying to setup a production server and am
> currently using Postgresql 8.1 but would like to know if we can switch to
> Postgresql 8.3 as it is the latest version?

  If need use postgresql 8.3, can to use backports.org[1].

Refers:
1 - http://packages.debian.org/search?suite=etch-backports§ion=all&arch=any&searchon=names&keywords=postgresql-8.3

Cheers,
--