Обсуждение: Can we convert from Postgres to Oracle !!???

Can we convert from Postgres to Oracle !!???

От
"Sandeep Kumar Jakkaraju"
Дата:
Can we convert from Postgres to Oracle !!???

Re: [GENERAL] Can we convert from Postgres to Oracle !!???

От
"Harald Armin Massa"
Дата:
Sandeep Kumar,

> Can we convert from Postgres to Oracle !!???

technically: partial. Oracle supports most of the bleeding edge
enterprise features of PostgreSQL. There are some limits however, esp.
concerning inheritance, arbitrary length text fields and especially
the missing support for pl/python, pl/pgsql and pl/perl. You might be
able to replace those advanced features of PostgreSQL using PL/SQL.
There are external database development tools available for Oracle if
you need to match the functionality of PostgreSQLs integrated clients
psql and pgAdmin III.

support-wise: please ask your Oracle authorized support contract
consultant to find out which Oracle support plan gives you a support
comparable to the PostgreSQL one with the possibility to directly
correspond with the database core architects and developers as well as
unlimited access to the applications source code.

economically: not enough information to give a fitting answer. But if
you need a high cash burn rate to attract certain kinds of investors,
Oracle will propably make that easier.

Best wishes,

Harald
--
GHUM Harald Massa
persuadere et programmare

Re: [SQL] Can we convert from Postgres to Oracle !!???

От
Devrim GUNDUZ
Дата:
On Tue, 2006-10-17 at 14:21 +0530, Sandeep Kumar Jakkaraju wrote:
> Can we convert from Postgres to Oracle !!???

Yes!!???

Re: Can we convert from Postgres to Oracle !!???

От
Chander Ganesan
Дата:
Sandeep Kumar Jakkaraju wrote:
> Can we convert from Postgres to Oracle !!???

If you've got (or are getting) an Oracle specific app and are
considering switching for compatibility reasons, you might want to talk
to the folks at EnterpriseDB .  Their product is based on PostgreSQL but
provides Oracle compatibility...

Chander Ganesan
Open Technology Group, Inc.
One Copley Parkway, Suite 210
Morrisville, NC  27560
Phone: 877-258-8987/919-463-0999

Re: [SQL] Can we convert from Postgres to Oracle !!???

От
"Jim C. Nasby"
Дата:
On Sun, Oct 22, 2006 at 12:03:38AM +0300, Devrim GUNDUZ wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-10-17 at 14:21 +0530, Sandeep Kumar Jakkaraju wrote:
> > Can we convert from Postgres to Oracle !!???

You can also run our software and get Oracle syntax for 1/25th the cost.