Обсуждение: Windows 2000 Installation Issue

Windows 2000 Installation Issue

От
Marc Ayres
Дата:
Hello,

I have fiddled about with the Postgres 8.0 Intallation
on Windows 2000 now for a couple days, refusing to ask
for help and instead digging away in the archives
section in an attempt not to bug anyway with a silly
question from a beginner.  No luck as of yet, thus my
patience is growing thin.

I have downloaded the zipped file to my desktop,
unzipped it into a folder named Postgres8.0.  When I
double click the file to begin the Windows
Installation, select my language, click "Start>" I get
the following error message:

Error
Failed to create process: 2!

This is a freshly installed version of Windows 2000
Professional.  File system is NTFS.  Yesterday the
event viewer mentioned something about an MUI wrapper.

Could someone please lend me a hand if you could or if
the information provided isn't sufficient enough, let
me know what you need.

Sincerely,

Marc

Re: Windows 2000 Installation Issue

От
John DeSoi
Дата:
On Mar 24, 2005, at 11:17 AM, Marc Ayres wrote:

> I have downloaded the zipped file to my desktop,
> unzipped it into a folder named Postgres8.0.  When I
> double click the file to begin the Windows
> Installation, select my language, click "Start>" I get
> the following error message:
>
> Error
> Failed to create process: 2!

Maybe try to run the installer from the command line with more logging
options. Perhaps it will give a better clue about the error. The
parameters for msiexec can be found here:

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/
proddocs/en-us/msiexec.mspx

You want the /L parameter.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.