Обсуждение: What to download?!! (MacOS X)

What to download?!! (MacOS X)

От
Kunal
Дата:
Hi

Okay... you guys said "No question is too simple here", so here I go...

I see 4 directories/ folders in /binary/v7.4.5/srpms/

fedora-core-1
fedora-core-2
redhat-9
rhel-3

Which one of those do I download and build for Mac OS X.

I warned you!

Thanks in advance...
Kunal

http://promotions.yahoo.com/goldrush

Re: What to download?!! (MacOS X)

От
Michael Glaesemann
Дата:
On Aug 24, 2004, at 5:09 PM, Kunal wrote:

> I see 4 directories/ folders in /binary/v7.4.5/srpms/

<snip />

> Which one of those do I download and build for Mac OS X.

If you're interested in building from source, you probably don't want
to be looking in the binaries directory :) postgresql-7.4.5.tar.gz is
the full source, iirc.

If you'd like a package for Mac OS X, check out Mark Liyanage's package
at www.entropy.ch
http://www.entropy.ch/software/macosx/postgresql/

Last I checked, the package was for v7.4.3. I'm sure he'll get around
to updating it. However, 7.4.5 is definitely what you'll want, as it
includes some critical bug-fixes.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm myrealbox com

Re: What to download?!! (MacOS X)

От
Kunal
Дата:
--- Michael Glaesemann <grzm@myrealbox.com> wrote:
> If you're interested in building from source, you probably don't want
> to be looking in the binaries directory :) postgresql-7.4.5.tar.gz is
> the full source, iirc.

!!!!!!!!
Man, I can't believe I actually wrote that! Where's that "withdraw mail" button :p

I went to look for a MacOS binary (package) in the binary folder but finding none opened the
source folder in the background (another window). 15 minutes and a coffee break later, I mistook
the contents of the binary folder as the source one and didn't even notice that while I was
posting (pasting)...

What was I thinking (or not) !!! :)

Of course looking at /postgresql/source/v7.4.5/ (/ is okay btw) I know what to get ;)

> If you'd like a package for Mac OS X, check out Mark Liyanage's package
> at www.entropy.ch
> http://www.entropy.ch/software/macosx/postgresql/
> Last I checked, the package was for v7.4.3. I'm sure he'll get around
> to updating it.

He's still with 7.4.3

> However, 7.4.5 is definitely what you'll want, as it
> includes some critical bug-fixes.

How stable or otherwise is beta 8.0.0 - good enough to proceed with some development?

Cheers!
Kunal

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Re: What to download?!! (MacOS X)

От
Michael Glaesemann
Дата:
On Aug 24, 2004, at 5:46 PM, Kunal wrote:

> How stable or otherwise is beta 8.0.0 - good enough to proceed with
> some development?

Development, I'd say yes. Production, definitely not. That's why it's
beta :)

Michael Glaesemann
grzm myrealbox com

Re: What to download?!! (MacOS X)

Kunal wrote:

> --- Michael Glaesemann <grzm@myrealbox.com> wrote:
> > If you're interested in building from source, you probably don't want
> > to be looking in the binaries directory :) postgresql-7.4.5.tar.gz is
> > the full source, iirc.
> >

> !!!!!!!!  Man, I can't believe I actually wrote that! Where's
> that "withdraw mail" button :p

If you find it, _please_ let me know!  :-)

Re: What to download?!! (MacOS X)

От
Hisashi Wakai