Обсуждение: [OT] Unable to access PostgreSQL mailing list archive

[OT] Unable to access PostgreSQL mailing list archive

От
Ennio-Sr
Дата:
It's by now a couple of weeks that I'm getting the warning:
_The database is temporarily down. Please try later!_
whenever I try to connect to PG archive (MailWare: FTS engine).
May be something changed lately?
Regards,
    Ennio.

--
[Perche' usare Win$ozz (dico io) se ..."anche uno sciocco sa farlo.     \\?//
 Fa' qualche cosa di cui non sei capace!"   (diceva Henry Miller) ]     (°|°)

Дата:
Ennio-Sr <nasr.laili@tin.it> writes:
> It's by now a couple of weeks that I'm getting the warning:
> _The database is temporarily down. Please try later!_
> whenever I try to connect to PG archive (MailWare: FTS engine).

The FTS search engine has been broken since we had the big server crash
several months ago.  Dunno what the holdup is in getting it going again.
I miss it too.

            regards, tom lane

Re: [OT] Unable to access PostgreSQL mailing list archive

От
Ennio-Sr
Дата:
* Oleg Bartunov <oleg@sai.msu.su> [301003, 19:37]:
> On Thu, 30 Oct 2003, Tom Lane wrote:
>
> > Ennio-Sr <nasr.laili@tin.it> writes:
> > [...]
> > The FTS search engine has been broken since we had the big server crash
> > several months ago.  Dunno what the holdup is in getting it going again.
> > I miss it too.
> >

> We miss it too :) The only thing we need to have moderate server which
> could be controlled by us. We did a lot of improvements in FTS engine
> and would be happy to setup mailware. Also, we have another search engine
> which could be used to crawl/search postgresql related sites. I think
> we could setup it too.

Many thanks to you, Oleg, and Tom Lane for anwering my post.
May I ask how could one know if and when a new engine is set to work?
(I mean: is there any particular site to watch?).
Regards,
    Ennio.

--
[Perche' usare Win$ozz (dico io) se ..."anche uno sciocco sa farlo.     \\?//
 Fa' qualche cosa di cui non sei capace!"   (diceva Henry Miller) ]     (°|°)
[Why to use Win$ozz (I say) if ... "even a fool can do that.             )=(
 Do something you aren't good at!" (used to say Henry Miller) ]

Oleg Bartunov
Дата:
On Thu, 30 Oct 2003, Tom Lane wrote:

> Ennio-Sr <nasr.laili@tin.it> writes:
> > It's by now a couple of weeks that I'm getting the warning:
> > _The database is temporarily down. Please try later!_
> > whenever I try to connect to PG archive (MailWare: FTS engine).
>
> The FTS search engine has been broken since we had the big server crash
> several months ago.  Dunno what the holdup is in getting it going again.
> I miss it too.

We miss it too :) The only thing we need to have moderate server which
could be controlled by us. We did a lot of improvements in FTS engine
and would be happy to setup mailware. Also, we have another search engine
which could be used to crawl/search postgresql related sites. I think
we could setup it too.

>             regards, tom lane

    Regards,
        Oleg

"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
On Thu, 30 Oct 2003, Tom Lane wrote:

> Ennio-Sr <nasr ( dot ) laili ( at ) tin ( dot ) it> writes:
> > It's by now a couple of weeks that I'm getting the warning:
> > _The database is temporarily down. Please try later!_
> > whenever I try to connect to PG archive (MailWare: FTS engine).
>
> The FTS search engine has been broken since we had the big server crash
> several months ago.  Dunno what the holdup is in getting it going again.
> I miss it too.

I'm not sure what the hold up is either ... Oleg?  Everything, based on
~robot/PGSQL_MODULES was setup modules, and an email was sent to Teodor
letting him know, months ago (back in July), and I was never informed of
anything that was still required ...