Обсуждение: Deleting blob data with LargeObject Java API

Deleting blob data with LargeObject Java API

От
"David Benoff"

Hi all,

I’m using the JDBC LargeObject api to do CRUD operations with blobs stored in pg_largeobject.  I am hoping someone could clarify whether calling lobj.delete(myoid) performs a physical or just a logical delete.  If I want to completely delete the blob data from the DB (physical delete), can I just use lobj.delete, or do I have to write a function/trigger to call lo_unlink?  If I DO have to call lo_unlink, does anyone know where I could find example code (since I assume this is a common issue)?

Thanks,

David Benoff

---

Off Topic

От
"Bob Jarman"
Дата:
Has the PostgreSQL.org website been taken down - I get an Apache "Successful Installation" page...

Bob Jarman

Re: Off Topic

От
Bryan Irvine