Обсуждение: How to upgrade from 7.3.2 to 7.3.3

How to upgrade from 7.3.2 to 7.3.3

От
Jean-Christian Imbeault
Дата:
I want to upgrade from 7.3.2 to 7.3.3 but can't find any easy upgrade
instructions.

The online docs have a very nice section titles "If You Are Upgrading"
and they have nice instructions for "if you are upgrading an existing
installation that does not have a version number 7.3.x", but nothing
about how to upgrade if you already are using a 7.3.x version ...

I'm hoping that I can just do a ./configure && make && make install and
that my existing data will be kept?

Could it be that easy? If not what is the simplest/easiest way?

Jean-Christian Imbeault

Re: How to upgrade from 7.3.2 to 7.3.3

От
"A.Bhuvaneswaran"
Дата:
> The online docs have a very nice section titles "If You Are Upgrading"
> and they have nice instructions for "if you are upgrading an existing
> installation that does not have a version number 7.3.x", but nothing
> about how to upgrade if you already are using a 7.3.x version ...

In postgresql, when we upgrade from 7.a.? to 7.b.?, we must dump and
restore the database cluster.

When we upgrade from 7.a.? to 7.a.?, we donot require to dump and restore
the database cluster. In your case, ./configure && make && make install is
enough.

regards,
bhuvaneswaran

Re: How to upgrade from 7.3.2 to 7.3.3

От
Jean-Christian Imbeault
Дата:
A.Bhuvaneswaran wrote:

> In postgresql, when we upgrade from 7.a.? to 7.b.?, we must dump and
> restore the database cluster.
>
> When we upgrade from 7.a.? to 7.a.?, we donot require to dump and restore
> the database cluster. In your case, ./configure && make && make install is
> enough.

Really!? That would be too easy ;)

If this really is the case the it should be added to the documentation.

--

Jean-Christian Imbeault