Обсуждение: default password

default password

От
"Mike Hammonds"
Дата:
** Reply Requested When Convenient **

What is the default password of the postgres user that  gets created after an RPM install on RedHat 6.x?

Mike Hammonds, CNE5, MCP-NT
Fellon-McCord & Associates, Inc.
Office:  502.214-6324
Fax:      502.426.8800
mhammonds@knowledgeinenergy.com

Вложения

Re: default password

От
"J. Roeleveld"
Дата:
> What is the default password of the postgres user that  gets created after
an RPM install on RedHat 6.x?

no useable one, untill you set one using the 'root'

Re: default password

От
John Burski
Дата:
If I understand the question, then I'll have to say that there isn't one (to the best of my knowledge).
When I installed I had to become "root" and add the "postgres" user and assign a password to the user.

After that I made sure that the postmaster was running, "su-ed" to the postgres user, and then I ran
"createuser" to add myself as a database "super-user" (gave myself the ability to create both databases and
users).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

--
John Burski
Chief IT Cook and Bottlewasher

Re: default password

От
newsreader@mediaone.net
Дата:
There is no password  for that user.  If you want to do stuff
as that user do this as a regular use

    $ su
    $password:        <--- enter root password
    # su - postgres
    $            <--- here you are postgres now

The alternative is to add a password for that user while
you are root but it is not a good idea.

Yet another alternative is compile the package from the
source; whoever, except root, runs initdb becomes
postgres super user and you will have complete control
over how the package is installed etc etc.

The administrator documentation is quite complete and takes
you by hand in compiling and installing.

On Mon, Dec 11, 2000 at 12:53:18PM -0500, Mike Hammonds wrote:
> ** Reply Requested When Convenient **
>
> What is the default password of the postgres user that  gets created after an RPM install on RedHat 6.x?
>
> Mike Hammonds, CNE5, MCP-NT
> Fellon-McCord & Associates, Inc.
> Office:  502.214-6324
> Fax:      502.426.8800
> mhammonds@knowledgeinenergy.com
>

> BEGIN:VCARD
> VERSION:2.1
> X-GWTYPE:USER
> FN:Mike Hammonds
> TEL;WORK:x7389
> ORG:;IS
> TEL;PREF;FAX:426-8800
> EMAIL;WORK;PREF;NGW:Mike.Hammonds@knowledgeinenergy.com
> N:Hammonds;Mike
> TITLE:IS MAnager
> X-GWUSERID:mhammonds
> END:VCARD

RE: default password

От
Etienne De Kerckhove

If you are root it shouldn't ask for a password....the user must be postgres though