Обсуждение: DBA consulting needed

DBA consulting needed

От
Tracy Snell

We have a number of very challenging database projects that we need help with, like:

  • A data warehouse that, while small today, will soon be growing by 20-50GB a month, with that rate expected to accelerate upwards quickly in 9-12 months
  • A set of smallish (<30GB) OLTPs that need extensive tuning
  • A customer application that will hold one record type and need to provide very fast lookup on one or two fields in that record... but the number of records would be in the low to mid eleven digits.
  • Just to name a few...

We don't need database developers: we have some very good guys doing that for us right now. What we're looking for are highly experienced Postgres DBAs who have deployed large, enterprise-sized setups that resemble our projects. This means you need to know the ins and outs and technical details of PG, and be willing to explain it a group of eager developers and system administrators who are keenly interested in squeezing every last ounce of performance out of our systems.

We don't think our database needs are at all unique, so be prepared to answer lots of questions about projects that you've been on. Our ideal candidate will be just as at home with a theoretical architectural discussions on designing highly available systems followed by getting into the guts of how to configure Slony, or helping us decide whether we need 15k or 10k RPM drives for a particular application and what we monitor to validate that assumption.

In short, we're looking for a kick-ass DBA/teacher/database ninja who can help us build the next big thing.

Interested?

Tracy Snell
CTO
Interactions

Re: DBA consulting needed

От
Richard Huxton
Дата:
Tracy Snell wrote:

> We have a number of very challenging database projects that we need help
> with, like:

You probably want to mention a region, or at least a country. Unless
you're after remote working of course.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd

Re: DBA consulting needed

От
Tracy Snell
Дата:
On Feb 5, 2008, at 10:36 AM, Richard Huxton wrote:

> You probably want to mention a region, or at least a country. Unless
> you're after remote working of course.

Bonk. We're located in Carmel IN, US. While a visit is probably a
necessity the bulk of the work can happen on site or remote.

Re: DBA consulting needed

От
Enrico
Дата:
Hi, we are two guys Enrico and Osvaldo. We are two Postgresql
Admins/Developers interested to working togheter on remote.
We are also the admin of the italian postgresql web site
(www.psql.it)

our cv are  in

Enrico Pirozzi (Computer Science Graduated)
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/4/661/7b2

Osvaldo Tulini
http://www.linkedin.com/in/osvaldotulini

Our personal pages are
www.enricopirozzi.info
http://www.tulini.org/

Can yoy give us more informations about your project and payment?

Best regards
Enrico

--
One small feel for man, one giant ass for mankind (Dr. Gregory House)

Enrico Pirozzi
Web: http://www.enricopirozzi.info
E-Mail: info@enricopirozzi.info
Skype: sscotty71

Re: DBA consulting needed

От
Enrico
Дата:
I apologize for my answer in the mailing list with replay all :(, my
email client are not based on postgresql :)

Regards,
Enrico

---