Обсуждение: Can MD5 sums be posted for the downloadable files?

Can MD5 sums be posted for the downloadable files?

От
"Bady, Brant RBCM:EX"

Hello

I would like to dowload, and install the PostgreSQL JDBC drivers, but because of the nature of the system I will install them on, I must be able to verify that the software I am installing matches what it is supposed to be, hence I need the MD5 checksums to confirm this.

Its quite normal for open source sites to post MD5's, e.g. many projects on Sourceforge, and places like Sun Freeware.

Can someone advise if they can also be made available for this?

thanks

Brant Bady
Manager, Electronic Archives
Access and Information Management
Royal British Columbia Museum
Telephone:  (250) 387-4126
Fax: (250) 387-2072
Email:  Brant.Bady@royalbcmuseum.bc.ca
BC Archives Web Site: http://www.bcarchives.gov.bc.ca
RBCM Web Site: http://www.royalbcmuseum.bc.ca

Mail: 675 Belleville Street
Victoria, BC
V8W 9W2

Re: Can MD5 sums be posted for the downloadable files?

От
Kris Jurka

On Mon, 25 Jun 2007, Bady, Brant RBCM:EX wrote:

> I would like to dowload, and install the PostgreSQL JDBC drivers, but
> because of the nature of the system I will install them on, I must be
> able to verify that the software I am installing matches what it is
> supposed to be, hence I need the MD5 checksums to confirm this.

Sure, it's possible, but I'm not sure the (admittedly small) amount of
work is worth it.  This is the first request I've seen for this and it
doesn't provide as much benefit as a signed driver which hasn't its own
problems:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/2004-07/thrd2.php#00057

Does anyone else need MD5s?

Kris Jurka