Обсуждение: New JDBC site

New JDBC site

От
Antony Paul
Дата:
Hi all,
    I visited new JDBC site. I found that it differs from main site in
look and feel. It seems that you people used the same software used by
Apache sites to create this site. One thing I noticed is that the site
admin for got to change the favicon.ico to PostgreSQL icon. It still
have the Apache icon. This icon is displayed in the address bar in
Firefox. If somebody change this it will be nice otherwise one will
feel that Apache is maintaing this site.

Change this image.

http://jdbc.postgresql.org/favicon.ico

rgds
Antony Paul

Re: New JDBC site

От
Kris Jurka

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005, Antony Paul wrote:

> One thing I noticed is that the site admin for got to change the
> favicon.ico to PostgreSQL icon. It still have the Apache icon. This icon
> is displayed in the address bar in Firefox. If somebody change this it
> will be nice otherwise one will feel that Apache is maintaing this site.

Well the page source clearly states, <link rel="shortcut icon" href="">
which my Mozilla browser correctly ignores.  Your browser appears to be
ignoring this directive and loading the default icon anyway, but I guess
this is a reasonably common case.  I'll take a look at it.

Kris Jurka

Re: New JDBC site

От
Antony Paul
Дата:
Why dont put the PostgreSQL logo ? I requested the same to main site
and they said ok.

rgds
Antony Paul

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 02:24:59 -0500 (EST), Kris Jurka <books@ejurka.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 28 Jan 2005, Antony Paul wrote:
>
> > One thing I noticed is that the site admin for got to change the
> > favicon.ico to PostgreSQL icon. It still have the Apache icon. This icon
> > is displayed in the address bar in Firefox. If somebody change this it
> > will be nice otherwise one will feel that Apache is maintaing this site.
>
> Well the page source clearly states, <link rel="shortcut icon" href="">
> which my Mozilla browser correctly ignores.  Your browser appears to be
> ignoring this directive and loading the default icon anyway, but I guess
> this is a reasonably common case.  I'll take a look at it.
>
> Kris Jurka

Re: New JDBC site

От
Kris Jurka

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005, Antony Paul wrote:

> Why dont put the PostgreSQL logo ? I requested the same to main site
> and they said ok.

I didn't say I wouldn't.  My firefox bashing got in the way of my message.
I said I'd take a look at it.  I've figured out how to integrate this into
the forrest framework, but I found out that the favicon.ico file used by
postgresql.org is 22 KB!  That's outrageous for a 16x16 image.  I've asked
about this on the -www list and if/when they get a smaller version I'll
put it up on the JDBC website.

Kris Jurka

Re: New JDBC site

От
Kris Jurka

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005, Kris Jurka wrote:

> I didn't say I wouldn't.  My firefox bashing got in the way of my message.
> I said I'd take a look at it.  I've figured out how to integrate this into
> the forrest framework, but I found out that the favicon.ico file used by
> postgresql.org is 22 KB!  That's outrageous for a 16x16 image.  I've asked
> about this on the -www list and if/when they get a smaller version I'll
> put it up on the JDBC website.

Done.

Keis Jurka