Обсуждение: PostgreSQL Database interfaced by Java Applet

PostgreSQL Database interfaced by Java Applet

От
skeize@gmail.com (skeize@gmail.com)
Дата:
Hi,

I've never worked with PostgreSQL and Java, but I've made
web-applications in VB.NET using MS SQL Server.  I know that I need a
JDBC Driver, but I have no clue as to:

1.) where I can get one.
2.) whether I need to set up an ODBC connection
3.) or just generally where to begin.

Any help provided will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

skeize@gmail.com

Re: PostgreSQL Database interfaced by Java Applet

От
Kris Jurka

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004, skeize@gmail.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've never worked with PostgreSQL and Java, but I've made
> web-applications in VB.NET using MS SQL Server.  I know that I need a
> JDBC Driver, but I have no clue as to:
>
> 1.) where I can get one.
> 2.) whether I need to set up an ODBC connection
> 3.) or just generally where to begin.

Drivers and documentation are available here: http://jdbc.postgresql.org/

Kris Jurka

Re: PostgreSQL Database interfaced by Java Applet

От
Paul Thomas
Дата:
On 14/10/2004 02:24 skeize@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've never worked with PostgreSQL and Java, but I've made
> web-applications in VB.NET using MS SQL Server.  I know that I need a
> JDBC Driver, but I have no clue as to:
>
> 1.) where I can get one.
> 2.) whether I need to set up an ODBC connection
> 3.) or just generally where to begin.
>
> Any help provided will be greatly appreciated.

Go to java.sun.com and work through the tutorials.

--
Paul Thomas
+------------------------------+-------------------------------------------+

Re: PostgreSQL Database interfaced by Java Applet

От
Richard Welty
Дата:
On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 14:03:16 +0100 Paul Thomas <paul@tmsl.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> On 14/10/2004 02:24 skeize@gmail.com wrote:
> > Any help provided will be greatly appreciated.

> Go to java.sun.com and work through the tutorials.

if a paper book on JDBC is desired, the Sun book
_JDBC API Tutorial and Reference_ is really pretty
good; i learned most of what i needed to know about
JDBC from it.

richard
--
Richard Welty                                         rwelty@averillpark.net