Обсуждение: auto reconnect

auto reconnect

От
"Marcus Andree S. Magalhaes"
Дата:
Hi, guys. I got two simple questions... Any answer is welcome.

Does Postgresql JDBC driver has an "autoreconnect" feature??

What happens when the database is restarted and an application server with
connection pooling enabled is running??

Thanks a lot.

Marcus

-------------------------------
   http://www.vlinfo.com.br

Re: auto reconnect

От
Barry Lind

Marcus Andree S. Magalhaes wrote:
> Hi, guys. I got two simple questions... Any answer is welcome.
>
> Does Postgresql JDBC driver has an "autoreconnect" feature??
No.

> What happens when the database is restarted and an application server with
> connection pooling enabled is running??
That depends on what functionality the connection pool you are using
provides.  Good connection pools will detect bad connections and recycle
them.

--Barry