Обсуждение: sample JSP code connecting to PostgreSQL

sample JSP code connecting to PostgreSQL

От
Roj Niyogi
Дата:
Hi folks,

I'm wondering if anybody would be pleasant enough to give me a complete
script containing JSP code that makes a simple connection to a
PostgreSQL database, retrieves data and dumps to screen.

I must be dumb not to be able to find this information anywhere on the
net. :(

Regards,
Roj

--
niyogi@pghoster.com

pgHoster - PostgreSQL Web Hosting & Consulting
www.pghoster.com

Re: sample JSP code connecting to PostgreSQL

От
Tony Grant
Дата:
On Mon, 2003-02-24 at 02:50, Roj Niyogi wrote:

> I'm wondering if anybody would be pleasant enough to give me a complete
> script containing JSP code that makes a simple connection to a
> PostgreSQL database, retrieves data and dumps to screen.
>
> I must be dumb not to be able to find this information anywhere on the
> net. :(

I just use Dreamweaver MX.

Or you can build your JSP in NetBeans / SunOne Studio which are free
tools.

Cheers

Tony Grant

--
www.tgds.net Library management software toolkit,
redhat linux on Sony Vaio C1XD,

Re: sample JSP code connecting to PostgreSQL

От
Andres Ledesma
Дата:
On Monday 24 February 2003 08:50, you wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm wondering if anybody would be pleasant enough to give me a complete
> script containing JSP code that makes a simple connection to a
> PostgreSQL database, retrieves data and dumps to screen.
>
> I must be dumb not to be able to find this information anywhere on the
> net. :(
>
> Regards,
> Roj

Hope this help ...to you or anybody else..

Best regards,

Andrewle

import java.sql.*;

class gettablerows{

    public static void main(String args[])
    {

        String url = "jdbc:postgresql://localhost/database";
        Connection con;
        ResultSet rs;
        String s;
        String sqlstr = "SELECT f1, f2, f3 FROM table";

        try
        {
            Class.forName("org.postgresql.Driver");
        }
        catch(java.lang.ClassNotFoundException e)
        {
            System.err.print("ClassNotFoundException: ");
            System.err.println(e.getMessage());
        }

        try
        {
            con = DriverManager.getConnection(url,"postgres", "");

            st = con.createStatement();
            rs = st.executeQuery(sqlstr);

            System.out.println("Rows are :");
            while(rs.next())
            {
                s = rs.getString(1);
                  System.out.println(s);
            }
            System.out.println(mn.gname());
                 rs.close();
            st.close();
            con.close();

        }
        catch(SQLException ex)
        {
            System.err.println("SQLException: " + ex.getMessage());
        }

    }

}

Re: sample JSP code connecting to PostgreSQL

От
Vernon Wu
Дата:
If you are comfortable with tags, you shall consider using JSTL sql tags to do the job for you instead of using
scriptlet.