Обсуждение: Postgresql JDBC driver - Support for Scrollable Result Sets

Postgresql JDBC driver - Support for Scrollable Result Sets

От
"Ramachandra K.B.S"
Дата:
Hi,

We are hosting our site on a Redhat Linux server and use PostgreSQL as
the database.  JDBC is the prefered technology for our development.

In a current development project, we need the 'Scrollable Resultset'
functionality, which does not seem to exist in the driver for PostgreSQL
7.0.3.  We basically want to retrieve a set of records into a result set
and then browse through the records in the result set.

Is it available in the driver for PostgreSQL 7.1?  Will it be available
in the release version.

Thanks and regards
Ram

Re: Postgresql JDBC driver - Support for Scrollable Result Sets

От
Michael Stephenson
Дата:
> In a current development project, we need the 'Scrollable Resultset'
> functionality, which does not seem to exist in the driver for PostgreSQL
> 7.0.3.  We basically want to retrieve a set of records into a result set
> and then browse through the records in the result set.

One of us is confused.

'TYPE_SCROLL_INSENSITIVE' ResultSets are already supported in the
PostgreSQL 7.0.3 release drivers (jdbc2). ie previous(), next(),
relative(), absolute(), afterLast(), beforeFirst(), isAfterLast(),
isBeforeFirst(), isFirst(), isLast(), last() are all implemented.

> Is it available in the driver for PostgreSQL 7.1?  Will it be available
> in the release version.

Assuming we haven't got our wires crossed somewhere, yes, and yes.

Michael Stephenson      mstephenson@openworld.co.uk
Developer   -    Web Applications    -   Open World
Tel: +44 1225 444 950         Fax: +44 1225 336 738

Re: Postgresql JDBC driver - Support for Scrollable Result Sets

От
Peter T Mount
Дата:
Quoting "Ramachandra K.B.S" <ram@meritsystems.com>:

> Hi,
>
> We are hosting our site on a Redhat Linux server and use PostgreSQL as
> the database.  JDBC is the prefered technology for our development.
>
> In a current development project, we need the 'Scrollable Resultset'
> functionality, which does not seem to exist in the driver for
> PostgreSQL
> 7.0.3.  We basically want to retrieve a set of records into a result
> set
> and then browse through the records in the result set.
>
> Is it available in the driver for PostgreSQL 7.1?  Will it be available
> in the release version.

The beginings of it is there, but it depends on if I get chance. Hopefully my
development box at home will be up and running by the weekend (its been
reinstalled after 2 drives died, but its not networking).

At the moment I'm limited to bug fixing blind while she's down.

Peter

--
Peter Mount peter@retep.org.uk
PostgreSQL JDBC Driver: http://www.retep.org.uk/postgres/

Re: Re: Postgresql JDBC driver - Support for Scrollable Result Sets

От
Peter T Mount
Дата:
Quoting Michael Stephenson <mstephenson@tirin.openworld.co.uk>:

> > In a current development project, we need the 'Scrollable Resultset'
> > functionality, which does not seem to exist in the driver for
> PostgreSQL
> > 7.0.3.  We basically want to retrieve a set of records into a result
> set
> > and then browse through the records in the result set.
>
> One of us is confused.
>
> 'TYPE_SCROLL_INSENSITIVE' ResultSets are already supported in the
> PostgreSQL 7.0.3 release drivers (jdbc2). ie previous(), next(),
> relative(), absolute(), afterLast(), beforeFirst(), isAfterLast(),
> isBeforeFirst(), isFirst(), isLast(), last() are all implemented.
>
> > Is it available in the driver for PostgreSQL 7.1?  Will it be
> available
> > in the release version.
>
> Assuming we haven't got our wires crossed somewhere, yes, and yes.

Whops, my wires were crossed just now. I was thinking of UpdateableResultSet ;-)

oh hum...

Peter