Обсуждение: problem running pgaccess

problem running pgaccess

От
Anjan Borthakur
Дата:
hi,
i am trying to run pgaccess(/usr/bin/pgaccess).
when i type pgaccess at the shell prompt i get display problems.
if i open /usr/bin/access it invokes /usr/bin/wish.
i correct the display problem by setting DISLAY environment variable.
but after that if i run wish from the shell prompt i get the foolowing
mesage:_X11TransocketINETConnect: Can't connect : errno = 111
couldn't connect to display localhost:0.0

as for pgaccess, the error given is about :image
5th line of /usr/bin/pgaccess.

can somebody help me  out?
-anjan

Re: [INTERFACES] problem running pgaccess

От
Constantin Teodorescu
Дата:
Anjan Borthakur wrote:

> hi,
> i am trying to run pgaccess(/usr/bin/pgaccess).
> when i type pgaccess at the shell prompt i get display problems.
> if i open /usr/bin/access it invokes /usr/bin/wish.
> i correct the display problem by setting DISLAY environment variable.
> but after that if i run wish from the shell prompt i get the foolowing
> mesage:_X11TransocketINETConnect: Can't connect : errno = 111
> couldn't connect to display localhost:0.0
>
> as for pgaccess, the error given is about :image
> 5th line of /usr/bin/pgaccess.

It's not a PgAccess problem. It's a problem related to your X
configuration.
First of all, if DISPLAY variable isn't right that means that somethings
already wrong there.

in bash try

xhost +
export DISPLAY=localhost:0.0

Best regards,
Constantin Teodorescu
FLEX Consulting Braila, ROMANIA

Re: [INTERFACES] problem running pgaccess

От
Rusty Brooks
Дата:
==>i am trying to run pgaccess(/usr/bin/pgaccess).
==>when i type pgaccess at the shell prompt i get display problems.
==>if i open /usr/bin/access it invokes /usr/bin/wish.
==>i correct the display problem by setting DISLAY environment variable.
==>but after that if i run wish from the shell prompt i get the foolowing
==>mesage:_X11TransocketINETConnect: Can't connect : errno = 111
==>couldn't connect to display localhost:0.0

AS I mentioned before, localhost:0 is probably not the right name for your
display. Try just plain ":0"

,8888 888   ?8 *           Rusty Brooks           * 8P   888 8888,
8888888P'    8 *       rbrooks@utdallas.edu       * 8    `?8888888
888P'        8 * If it wasn't for dissappointment * 8      '88888'
`88   O     d8 * I wouldn't have any appointments * 8b    O   88' `?._  _.o888 ************************************
888o._ _.P'