Обсуждение: The Interfaces list

The Interfaces list

От
Peter T Mount
Дата:
Has anyone been getting my posts about Corba, Java & JDBC over the last
couple of days?

I'm subscribed both at home (retep.org.uk) and at work (maidstone.gov.uk)
but I'm not seeing any of my posts to the list (which I normally do).

It's just that the message included some problem areas with the JDBC
driver, and I wanted to see what everyone thought about possible ways to
fix it.

--
Peter Mount, IT Section
petermount@it.maidstone.gov.uk

Re: [HACKERS] The Interfaces list

От
Oleg Broytmann
Дата:
Hello!

On Fri, 27 Nov 1998, Peter T Mount wrote:
> I'm subscribed both at home (retep.org.uk) and at work (maidstone.gov.uk)
> but I'm not seeing any of my posts to the list (which I normally do).

   I don't remember your posts, but I am pretty sure "me-too" was disabled
in all postgres lists - I stopped receiving my messages through the list
after September or August.
   If you want to make sure - search for your messages in mail archive on
http://postgresql.org. I found most of my messages there, so the lists had
had them. (Although my recent post to pgsql-patches was not applyed nor
rejected).

Oleg.
----
    Oleg Broytmann  National Research Surgery Centre  http://sun.med.ru/~phd/

Re: The Interfaces list

От
Peter T Mount
Дата:
On Fri, 27 Nov 1998, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> On Fri, 27 Nov 1998, Peter T Mount wrote:

> > > I saw the last one you sent talkign about the JDK 1.2 issue...
> >
> > It might be as I cc'd you on the second one, but I'm not sure if it went
> > out to the list. Normally when I send from home, I don't see it appear
> > there, but do on the work's address, and visa-versa.
>
>     You do know that the mailing lists don't accept postings from ppl
> that *aren't* subscribed to it, right?  Its been that way for months
> now...

Yes, and I am subscribed to the hackers & interfaces list on both sites,
and get everyone elses posts to those lists.

I'm thinking about unsubscribing at home, and then resubscribing - just in
case something has changed which is preventing me from posting (although I
haven't changed anything myself).

--
Peter Mount, IT Section
petermount@it.maidstone.gov.uk
Anything I write here are my own views, and cannot be taken as being the
official words of Maidstone Borough Council

Re: [INTERFACES] Re: The Interfaces list

От
Michael Meskes
Дата:
On Fri, Nov 27, 1998 at 02:42:22PM +0000, Peter T Mount wrote:
> >     You do know that the mailing lists don't accept postings from ppl
> > that *aren't* subscribed to it, right?  Its been that way for months
> > now...

Speaking of this, Marc, why don't you set the lists up so that the ignored
mails are bounced back to the sender? That way one would notice what's going
on.

Michael
--
Dr. Michael Meskes, Manager of the Western Branch Office, Datenrevision GmbH
work: Cuxhavener Str. 36, D-21149 Hamburg, Michael.Meskes@datenrevision.de

Re: [INTERFACES] Re: The Interfaces list

От
The Hermit Hacker
Дата:
On Fri, 27 Nov 1998, Michael Meskes wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 27, 1998 at 02:42:22PM +0000, Peter T Mount wrote:
> > >     You do know that the mailing lists don't accept postings from ppl
> > > that *aren't* subscribed to it, right?  Its been that way for months
> > > now...
>
> Speaking of this, Marc, why don't you set the lists up so that the ignored
> mails are bounced back to the sender? That way one would notice what's going
> on.
Any idea of how to do that? :(  I've looked, and am the first
admt taht I can be blind, but I haven't found a way of doing tha :(

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org

Re: [INTERFACES] Re: The Interfaces list

От
Michael Meskes
Дата:
On Fri, Nov 27, 1998 at 03:53:16PM -0400, The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> > Speaking of this, Marc, why don't you set the lists up so that the ignored
> > mails are bounced back to the sender? That way one would notice what's going
> > on.
>
>     Any idea of how to do that? :(  I've looked, and am the first
> admt taht I can be blind, but I haven't found a way of doing tha :(

Do we use Majordomo? Some years ago I ran a private 49ers list with exactly
that setup. I could dig into the configuration if you need more info.

Michael
--
Dr. Michael Meskes, Manager of the Western Branch Office, Datenrevision GmbH
work: Cuxhavener Str. 36, D-21149 Hamburg, Michael.Meskes@datenrevision.de
home: Th.-Heuss-Str. 61, D-41812 Erkelenz, Michael.Meskes@usa.net
Go SF49ers! Go Rhein Fire! Use Debian GNU/Linux! Use PostgreSQL!

Re: [INTERFACES] Re: The Interfaces list

От
The Hermit Hacker
Дата:
On Sat, 28 Nov 1998, Michael Meskes wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 27, 1998 at 03:53:16PM -0400, The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> > > Speaking of this, Marc, why don't you set the lists up so that the ignored
> > > mails are bounced back to the sender? That way one would notice what's going
> > > on.
> >
> >     Any idea of how to do that? :(  I've looked, and am the first
> > admt taht I can be blind, but I haven't found a way of doing tha :(
>
> Do we use Majordomo? Some years ago I ran a private 49ers list with exactly
> that setup. I could dig into the configuration if you need more info.
Yes, we are running majordomo...