Обсуждение: Mac GUI Interfaces

Mac GUI Interfaces

От
James Olin Oden
Дата:
Are there any Mac GUI interfaces for PostgreSQL.  The reason I ask is
because I have a user that is not a programer (not even close) but is
fairly good at learning to use most any type of application who has an
excel spreadsheet that has gotten way to big.  She needs to convert it
to a relational database of some sort, but I just don't have time to
create a web front end for her.  If I could find a GUI front end that
runs on the Mac, though, I could pretty much leave it in her hands.

Thanks...james

Re: [INTERFACES] Mac GUI Interfaces

От
Eric Marsden
Дата:

  JOO> Are there any Mac GUI interfaces for PostgreSQL. The reason I
  JOO> ask is because I have a user that is not a programer (not even
  JOO> close) but is fairly good at learning to use most any type of
  JOO> application who has an excel spreadsheet that has gotten way to
  JOO> big. She needs to convert it to a relational database of some
  JOO> sort, but I just don't have time to create a web front end for
  JOO> her. If I could find a GUI front end that runs on the Mac,
  JOO> though, I could pretty much leave it in her hands.

You could try pgaccess[1] (a GUI front-end for PostgreSQL written in
Tcl/Tk) together with the pure Tcl version of pgsql[2].

[1] http://www.flex.ro/pgaccess/
[2] ftp://ftp.flex.ro/pub/pgaccess/pgsql.tcl

--
Eric Marsden
emarsden @ mail.dotcom.fr