Обсуждение: Removal of FORCE option in REINDEX

Removal of FORCE option in REINDEX

От
Fujii Masao
Дата:
Hi,

While reviewing the REINDEX VERBOSE patch, I felt inclined to remove FORCE
option support from REINDEX command. It has been marked "obsolete" since
very old version 7.4. I think that it's no longer worth keeping supporting it.
Thought?

Fujii Masao

Re: Removal of FORCE option in REINDEX

От
Fabrízio de Royes Mello

While reviewing the REINDEX VERBOSE patch, I felt inclined to remove FORCE
option support from REINDEX command. It has been marked "obsolete" since
very old version 7.4. I think that it's no longer worth keeping supporting it.
Thought?

+1

--
Fabrízio de Royes Mello
Consultoria/Coaching PostgreSQL

Re: Removal of FORCE option in REINDEX

От
Fujii Masao
Дата:
On Wed, Apr 8, 2015 at 1:17 PM, Fabrízio de Royes Mello
<fabriziomello@gmail.com> wrote:

> Em quarta-feira, 8 de abril de 2015, Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com>
> escreveu:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> While reviewing the REINDEX VERBOSE patch, I felt inclined to remove FORCE
>> option support from REINDEX command. It has been marked "obsolete" since
>> very old version 7.4. I think that it's no longer worth keeping supporting
>> it.
>> Thought?
>>

> +1

I'm thinking to apply the attached patch.
But does anyone want to keep supporting the option? Why?

Fujii Masao

Вложения

Re: Removal of FORCE option in REINDEX

От
Jim Nasby
Дата:
On 4/8/15 7:04 AM, Fujii Masao wrote:
> I'm thinking to apply the attached patch.
> But does anyone want to keep supporting the option? Why?

Nuke it.

Re: Removal of FORCE option in REINDEX

От
Fujii Masao
Дата:
On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 12:33 AM, Jim Nasby <Jim.Nasby@bluetreble.com> wrote:
> On 4/8/15 7:04 AM, Fujii Masao wrote:
>>
>> I'm thinking to apply the attached patch.
>> But does anyone want to keep supporting the option? Why?
>

> Nuke it.

There seem no objections, so just pushed.

Fujii Masao