Обсуждение: Commit fest 2015-12 enters money time

Commit fest 2015-12 enters money time

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
Hi all,

We are soon entering in the money time for this CF. The last month has
been mainly a vacation period, the progress being fantomatic on many
fronts, still there are a couple of patches that are marked as ready
for committer:
- Foreign table inheritance , whose first patch has been committed
- speedup tidbitmap patch: cache page
- pg_basebackup vs. Windows and tablespaces (Extend base backup to
include symlink file used to restore symlinks)
- If pg_hba.conf has changed since last reload, emit a HINT to the
client and server log
- Add restore_command_retry_interval option to control timeout of
restore_command nonzero status code
- documentation update for doc/src/sgml/func.sgml
- Reducing lock strength of trigger and foreign key DDL

I am going to make a first pass on all the patches to check their
status, and please note that the patches waiting for some input from
their authors will be marked as returned with feedback.
Michael

Re: Commit fest 2015-12 enters money time

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 4:05 PM, Michael Paquier
<michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
> We are soon entering in the money time for this CF. The last month has
> been mainly a vacation period, the progress being fantomatic on many
> fronts, still there are a couple of patches that are marked as ready
> for committer:
> - Foreign table inheritance , whose first patch has been committed
> - speedup tidbitmap patch: cache page
> - pg_basebackup vs. Windows and tablespaces (Extend base backup to
> include symlink file used to restore symlinks)
> - If pg_hba.conf has changed since last reload, emit a HINT to the
> client and server log
> - Add restore_command_retry_interval option to control timeout of
> restore_command nonzero status code
> - documentation update for doc/src/sgml/func.sgml
> - Reducing lock strength of trigger and foreign key DDL
>
> I am going to make a first pass on all the patches to check their
> status, and please note that the patches waiting for some input from
> their authors will be marked as returned with feedback.

In order to move on to the next CF, I am going to go through all the
remaining patches and update their status accordingly. And sorry for
slacking a bit regarding that. If you wish to complain, of course feel
free to post messages on this thread or on the thread related to the
patch itself.
Michael

Re: Commit fest 2015-12 enters money time

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
Paquier<span dir="ltr"><<a href="mailto:michael.paquier@gmail.com"
.8ex;border-left:1px#ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div class="HOEnZb"><div class="h5">In order to move on to the next
for<br/> slacking a bit regarding that. If you wish to complain, of course feel<br /> free to post messages on this

Re: Commit fest 2015-12 enters money time

От
Kohei KaiGai
Дата:

> On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 10:06 AM, Michael Paquier
> <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> In order to move on to the next CF, I am going to go through all the
>> remaining patches and update their status accordingly. And sorry for
>> slacking a bit regarding that. If you wish to complain, of course feel
>> free to post messages on this thread or on the thread related to the
>> patch itself.
>

> As all the entries have been either moved or updated, CF 2014-12 is closed,
> and CF 2015-02 has been changed to "In Progress".

I tried to add my name on the CF entry for the "Join pushdown support
for foreign tables" patch, however, it was unintentionally marked as
rejected on the last CF, even though it should be "returned with feedback".

https://commitfest.postgresql.org/3/20/

Is it available to move it to the current CF?
I couldn't find operation to add new entry on the current CF.

KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@kaigai.gr.jp>

Re: Commit fest 2015-12 enters money time

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 7:39 AM, Kohei KaiGai <kaigai@kaigai.gr.jp> wrote:

>> On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 10:06 AM, Michael Paquier
>> <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> In order to move on to the next CF, I am going to go through all the
>>> remaining patches and update their status accordingly. And sorry for
>>> slacking a bit regarding that. If you wish to complain, of course feel
>>> free to post messages on this thread or on the thread related to the
>>> patch itself.
>>

>> As all the entries have been either moved or updated, CF 2014-12 is closed,
>> and CF 2015-02 has been changed to "In Progress".
>>
> I tried to add my name on the CF entry for the "Join pushdown support
> for foreign tables" patch, however, it was unintentionally marked as
> rejected on the last CF, even though it should be "returned with feedback".
>
> https://commitfest.postgresql.org/3/20/
>
> Is it available to move it to the current CF?

I don't recall you can...

> I couldn't find operation to add new entry on the current CF.

Go to the bottom of this CF:
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/4/
Then click on "New patch".
--
Michael

Re: Commit fest 2015-12 enters money time

От
Kouhei Kaigai
Дата:
> > I couldn't find operation to add new entry on the current CF.
>
> Go to the bottom of this CF:
> https://commitfest.postgresql.org/4/
> Then click on "New patch".

I couldn't find the "New patch" link on both of IE and Chrome,
even though I logged in. Did you do something special?

NEC OSS Promotion Center / PG-Strom Project
KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@ak.jp.nec.com>

Дата:
On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 8:50 AM, Kouhei Kaigai <kaigai@ak.jp.nec.com> wrote:
>> > I couldn't find operation to add new entry on the current CF.
>>
>> Go to the bottom of this CF:
>> https://commitfest.postgresql.org/4/
>> Then click on "New patch".
>>
> I couldn't find the "New patch" link on both of IE and Chrome,
> even though I logged in. Did you do something special?

Err... No. Perhaps I can do it only thanks to my superpowers :)
Well, no worries I just added it here and it has the same data:
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/4/167/
--
Michael

Re: Commit fest 2015-12 enters money time

От
Kouhei Kaigai
Дата:

> >> Go to the bottom of this CF:
> >> https://commitfest.postgresql.org/4/
> >> Then click on "New patch".
> >>
> > I couldn't find the "New patch" link on both of IE and Chrome, even
> > though I logged in. Did you do something special?
>
> Err... No. Perhaps I can do it only thanks to my superpowers :) Well, no
> worries I just added it here and it has the same data:

That's exactly superpower. Thanks for your help.
--
NEC OSS Promotion Center / PG-Strom Project
KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@ak.jp.nec.com>

Re: Commit fest 2015-12 enters money time

От
Corey Huinker
Дата:
class="gmail_quote"style="margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><span class="">> On Tue,
Feb17, 2015 at 8:50 AM, Kouhei Kaigai <<a href="mailto:kaigai@ak.jp.nec.com">kaigai@ak.jp.nec.com</a>> wrote:<br
/>> >> > I couldn't find operation to add new entry on the current CF.<br /> > >><br /> >
>>Go to the bottom of this CF:<br /> > >> <a href="https://commitfest.postgresql.org/4/"
loggedin. Did you do something special?<br /> ><br /> > Err... No. Perhaps I can do it only thanks to my
superpowers:) Well, no<br /> > worries I just added it here and it has the same data:<br /> > <a
href="https://commitfest.postgresql.org/4/167/"target="_blank">https://commitfest.postgresql.org/4/167/</a><br />
PromotionCenter / PG-Strom Project<br /> KaiGai Kohei <<a
class="h5">--<br/> Sent via pgsql-hackers mailing list (<a
href="mailto:pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org">pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org</a>)<br/> To make changes to your

Re: Commit fest 2015-12 enters money time

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 5:55 AM, Corey Huinker <corey.huinker@gmail.com> wrote:
> What is required to get the New Patch superpower? I'm also in need of it.

CCing Magnus... I am not sure myself, but I would imagine that the
commit fest needs to be "Open" and not "In Process" to be able to add
patches.
--
Michael

Re: Commit fest 2015-12 enters money time

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:

Um.  Then, would you please add this patch https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20150215044814.GL3391@alvh.no-ip.org

Re: Commit fest 2015-12 enters money time

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 9:54 AM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Michael Paquier wrote:
>> On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 5:55 AM, Corey Huinker <corey.huinker@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > What is required to get the New Patch superpower? I'm also in need of it.
>>
>> CCing Magnus... I am not sure myself, but I would imagine that the
>> commit fest needs to be "Open" and not "In Process" to be able to add
>> patches.
>
> Um.  Then, would you please add this patch
>   https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20150215044814.GL3391@alvh.no-ip.org

Here you go:
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/4/168/
--
Michael

Re: Commit fest 2015-12 enters money time

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 9:54 AM, Alvaro Herrera
> <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> > Michael Paquier wrote:
> >>
> >> CCing Magnus... I am not sure myself, but I would imagine that the
> >> commit fest needs to be "Open" and not "In Process" to be able to add
> >> patches.
> >
> > Um.  Then, would you please add this patch
> >   https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20150215044814.GL3391@alvh.no-ip.org
>
> Here you go:

Many thanks.

Re: Commit fest 2015-12 enters money time

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 12:34 AM, Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 5:55 AM, Corey Huinker <corey.huinker@gmail.com> wrote:
> What is required to get the New Patch superpower? I'm also in need of it.

CCing Magnus... I am not sure myself, but I would imagine that the
commit fest needs to be "Open" and not "In Process" to be able to add
patches.

Sorry, I was out on a long travel day with lots of airplane time. I had this thread on my watch list but hadn't time to fix it.

So the basic reason is that there was no Open commitfest available. Only Commitfest Managers are allowed to "break the rules" and add patches to the wrong commitfest - this is why Michael was able to do that, and pretty much nobody else.

There's supposed to always be one open commitfest. Since none was added when 2015-02 was switched to In Progress (probably because I didn't actually tell Michael about it....), there was nowhere to post new patches.

I have fixed this now by creating 2015-06, which is open for submissions.

--

Re: Commit fest 2015-12 enters money time

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 12:34 AM, Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 7:39 AM, Kohei KaiGai <kaigai@kaigai.gr.jp> wrote:

>> On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 10:06 AM, Michael Paquier
>> <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> In order to move on to the next CF, I am going to go through all the
>>> remaining patches and update their status accordingly. And sorry for
>>> slacking a bit regarding that. If you wish to complain, of course feel
>>> free to post messages on this thread or on the thread related to the
>>> patch itself.
>>

>> As all the entries have been either moved or updated, CF 2014-12 is closed,
>> and CF 2015-02 has been changed to "In Progress".
>>
> I tried to add my name on the CF entry for the "Join pushdown support
> for foreign tables" patch, however, it was unintentionally marked as
> rejected on the last CF, even though it should be "returned with feedback".
>
> https://commitfest.postgresql.org/3/20/
>
> Is it available to move it to the current CF?

I don't recall you can...

You're correct, you can't. It would probably make sense for at least a CF manager to be able to do that - added to my TODO.