Обсуждение: Help to startup

Help to startup

От
Tapan Halani
Дата:

Re: Help to startup

От
Andrew Dunstan
Дата:
On 09/16/2014 01:51 PM, Tapan Halani wrote:

> Hello everyone..i am new to PostgreSQL project. I had prior experience
> with sql+ , with oracle 11g database server. Kindly help me grasp more
> about the project.

The first thing you need to do is learn to ask your question in the
right forum. pgsql-hackers is not that forum. pgsql-general is, but you
should ask specific questions there, not just completely general and
essentially unanswerable questions such as this. Before you ask
questions there you should read the excellent PostgreSQL documentation
at <http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/index.html>

cheers

andrew

Re: Help to startup

От
Craig Ringer
Дата:
On 09/17/2014 01:51 AM, Tapan Halani wrote:
> Hello everyone..i am new to PostgreSQL project. I had prior experience
> with sql+ , with oracle 11g database server. Kindly help me grasp more
> about the project.

Since you're asking on pgsql-hackers, you're presumably interested in
getting involved in developing extensions or feature work?

See:

http://www.postgresql.org/developer/

If that's *not* what you're trying to do, then perhaps you want the
tutorial, main documentation, and pgsql-general mailing list?

Re: Help to startup

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Sun, Sep 21, 2014 at 4:52 PM, Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On 09/17/2014 01:51 AM, Tapan Halani wrote:
>> Hello everyone..i am new to PostgreSQL project. I had prior experience
>> with sql+ , with oracle 11g database server. Kindly help me grasp more
>> about the project.
>
> Since you're asking on pgsql-hackers, you're presumably interested in
> getting involved in developing extensions or feature work?
>
> See:
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/developer/
There is a group picture of 2006 :)
--
Michael

Re: Help to startup

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 21, 2014 at 4:52 PM, Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> > On 09/17/2014 01:51 AM, Tapan Halani wrote:
> >> Hello everyone..i am new to PostgreSQL project. I had prior experience
> >> with sql+ , with oracle 11g database server. Kindly help me grasp more
> >> about the project.
> >
> > Since you're asking on pgsql-hackers, you're presumably interested in
> > getting involved in developing extensions or feature work?
> >
> > See:
> >
> > http://www.postgresql.org/developer/
> There is a group picture of 2006 :)

Maybe we could turn that into a rotating display of each year's
developers meeting pictures or something like that.