Обсуждение: Revisit items marked 'NO' in sql_features.txt

Revisit items marked 'NO' in sql_features.txt

От
Robins Tharakan
Дата:
Hi,

While reviewing sql_features.txt, found a few items marked NO ('Not supported') whereas, at the outset, they seemed to be supported. Apologies, if this is already considered and / or still marked 'NO' for a reason, but a list of such items mentioned below:

F202    TRUNCATE TABLE: identity column restart option          NO

F263    Comma-separated predicates in simple CASE expression            NO

T041    Basic LOB data type support 01  BLOB data type  NO

T051    Row types           NO

T174    Identity columns            NO

T176    Sequence generator support          NO

T177    Sequence generator support: simple restart option           NO

T522    Default values for IN parameters of SQL-invoked procedures          NO

T571    Array-returning external SQL-invoked functions          NO

--
Robins Tharakan

Re: Revisit items marked 'NO' in sql_features.txt

От
Simon Riggs
Дата:
On 10 June 2013 00:39, Robins Tharakan <tharakan@gmail.com> wrote:

> While reviewing sql_features.txt, found a few items marked NO ('Not
> supported') whereas, at the outset, they seemed to be supported. Apologies,
> if this is already considered and / or still marked 'NO' for a reason, but a
> list of such items mentioned below:

I think you'll need to check the standard yourself and report back. I
don't suppose anybody remembers the details enough without checking
the standard. There's usually a small gotcha, and we are scrupulous to
report we either fully meet the standard or do not.

--Simon Riggs                   http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training & Services

Re: Revisit items marked 'NO' in sql_features.txt

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
On 6/9/13 7:39 PM, Robins Tharakan wrote:
> F202    TRUNCATE TABLE: identity column restart option          NO

We don't support identity columns.

> F263    Comma-separated predicates in simple CASE expression            NO

We don't support that.

> T041    Basic LOB data type support 01  BLOB data type  NO

We don't support the BLOB type.

> T051    Row types           NO

Needs checking.

> T174    Identity columns            NO

We don't support that.

> T176    Sequence generator support          NO
>
> T177    Sequence generator support: simple restart option           NO

I think someone has determined that our sequences don't match the SQL
standard's sequences.  I don't know why, though.  There are some syntax
differences, in any case.

> T522    Default values for IN parameters of SQL-invoked procedures
>    NO

We don't support procedures.

> T571    Array-returning external SQL-invoked functions          NO

PostgreSQL arrays are not compatible with SQL.