Обсуждение: Save The Date: Cluster-Hackers meeting May 21st

Save The Date: Cluster-Hackers meeting May 21st

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Hackers, Replication aficionados:

The 4th Cluster-Hackers Summit will be Tuesday, May 21st, on or near the
campus of the University of Ottawa.  Anyone working on clustering,
replication, pooling or federated database tools and features is urged
to attend.  This includes proprietary clustering systems to a limited
extent.

More information as details are finalized.  For not, we wanted you to
know to book flights and accomodations which let you be there for most
of the day on the 21st.

Also, don't forget about the Unconference on Saturday!

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Re: [pgsql-cluster-hackers] Save The Date: Cluster-Hackers meeting May 21st

От
Simon Riggs
Дата:
On 10 January 2013 17:54, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:

> The 4th Cluster-Hackers Summit will be Tuesday, May 21st, on or near the
> campus of the University of Ottawa.  Anyone working on clustering,
> replication, pooling or federated database tools and features is urged
> to attend.

> This includes proprietary clustering systems to a limited extent.

Given last year we didn't have more than 30 mins to spend on logical
replication, how much time will we have to discuss non-open source
systems?

Can I check whether the agenda of this meeting is open?

Re: [pgsql-cluster-hackers] Save The Date: Cluster-Hackers meeting May 21st

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
> Given last year we didn't have more than 30 mins to spend on logical
> replication, how much time will we have to discuss non-open source
> systems?

Mostly the idea is to discuss what some of the proprietary systems need
from core postgres, especially where it overlaps with what OSS systems
need and where the sponsoring companies are

> Can I check whether the agenda of this meeting is open?

Given that we haven't even put up a wiki page yet or set an hourly
schedule, it's completely open.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.