Обсуждение: beta3?

beta3?

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
We have a couple of open items outstanding right now, but I'm
wondering if it's about time we should be thinking about a date for
beta3.

We tagged beta1 on April 27th, and beta2 on June 9th, so about six weeks apart.

But perhaps we shouldn't wait quite so long before putting out beta3?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: beta3?

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
On 6/27/11 9:45 AM, Robert Haas wrote:
> We have a couple of open items outstanding right now, but I'm
> wondering if it's about time we should be thinking about a date for
> beta3.
>
> We tagged beta1 on April 27th, and beta2 on June 9th, so about six weeks apart.
>
> But perhaps we shouldn't wait quite so long before putting out beta3?

I'd be up for July 11.  July 5 would be difficult, both because of the
American holiday, and Tom being on a trip.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Re: beta3?

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 1:51 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> On 6/27/11 9:45 AM, Robert Haas wrote:
>> We have a couple of open items outstanding right now, but I'm
>> wondering if it's about time we should be thinking about a date for
>> beta3.
>>
>> We tagged beta1 on April 27th, and beta2 on June 9th, so about six weeks apart.
>>
>> But perhaps we shouldn't wait quite so long before putting out beta3?
>
> I'd be up for July 11.  July 5 would be difficult, both because of the
> American holiday, and Tom being on a trip.

That sounds reasonable to me.  I'll be on vacation then, but (1) I'm
not really involved in pushing the release out the door and (2) I
should have Internet access if push comes to shove.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: beta3?

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Robert,

> That sounds reasonable to me.  I'll be on vacation then, but (1) I'm
> not really involved in pushing the release out the door and (2) I
> should have Internet access if push comes to shove.

We seem to still have some blockers ...

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Re: beta3?

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 6:06 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
>> That sounds reasonable to me.  I'll be on vacation then, but (1) I'm
>> not really involved in pushing the release out the door and (2) I
>> should have Internet access if push comes to shove.
>
> We seem to still have some blockers ...

I'm only seeing these two:

* ALTER TABLE lock strength reduction patch is unsafe
* btree_gist breaks some behaviors involving <> operators

Simon fixed the first over the weekend (though I think there are a few
loose ends, see separate email on that topic) and Tom proposed a fix
for the second (which I am guessing he will implement).

Any other reason we can't or shouldn't wrap on the 11th?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: beta3?

От
"Kevin Grittner"
Дата:
> Any other reason we can't or shouldn't wrap on the 11th?
There are two new SSI issues which Dan and I spent a lot of time on
over the holiday weekend.  I hope they can be pushed before the
11th.
I have added them to the Wiki page.
-Kevin