Обсуждение: Where are we on Standby Promotion?

Where are we on Standby Promotion?

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Fujii, Simon, Greg, etc.:

Has anyone submitted or committed a patch to make Standby Promotion*
easier, at this point?  We discussed it earlier in the dev cycle, but I
can't find anything which has actually been submitted.

--                                  -- Josh Berkus                                    PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
                        http://www.pgexperts.com

* that is, promotion to be a new master of other existing standbys

Re: Where are we on Standby Promotion?

Дата:
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Fujii, Simon, Greg, etc.:
>
> Has anyone submitted or committed a patch to make Standby Promotion*
> easier, at this point?  We discussed it earlier in the dev cycle, but I
> can't find anything which has actually been submitted.
>
> * that is, promotion to be a new master of other existing standbys

Nope, I haven't seen anything except a request that someone do testing.

http://enterprisedb.com

Re: Where are we on Standby Promotion?

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 9:03 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> Josh Berkus wrote:
>> Fujii, Simon, Greg, etc.:
>>
>> Has anyone submitted or committed a patch to make Standby Promotion*
>> easier, at this point?  We discussed it earlier in the dev cycle, but I
>> can't find anything which has actually been submitted.
>>
>> * that is, promotion to be a new master of other existing standbys
>
> Nope, I haven't seen anything except a request that someone do testing.

I thought we agreed Josh was in charge of writing the code for this.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company