Обсуждение: Heads up: upcoming back-branch releases

Heads up: upcoming back-branch releases

Дата:
After some back-and-forth among core and -packagers, we've agreed that
we're overdue for update releases for the back branches.  Accordingly,
we'll be wrapping update tarballs of all active branches on Thursday
for public announcement Monday Oct 4.

We'll include a 9.0.1 update in this, so as to catch up on the early
bug reports for 9.0.

Please note that this will be the last community-supported update for
the 7.4.x and 8.0.x release branches, and probably the next-to-last
update for 8.1.x.  It's more than time to be upgrading away from those
branches if you're still using them.
        regards, tom lane

Re: Heads up: upcoming back-branch releases

I wrote:
> After some back-and-forth among core and -packagers, we've agreed that
> we're overdue for update releases for the back branches.  Accordingly,
> we'll be wrapping update tarballs of all active branches on Thursday
> for public announcement Monday Oct 4.

We had a bit of difficulty with wrapping the tarballs due to unexpected
git-related issues, so the public announcement will be delayed till
Tuesday rather than Monday to leave enough time for Windows installers
etc. to be prepared.
        regards, tom lane