Обсуждение: Look-behind regular expressions

Look-behind regular expressions

От
Thom Brown
Дата:
Are there any plans to support look-behind and negative look-behind
for regular expressions in future?

Thanks

Thom

Re: Look-behind regular expressions

Дата:
Thom Brown <thombrown@gmail.com> writes:
> Are there any plans to support look-behind and negative look-behind
> for regular expressions in future?

No.  Or are you volunteering?
        regards, tom lane

Re: Look-behind regular expressions

От
Thom Brown
Дата:
On 29 June 2010 15:40, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Thom Brown <thombrown@gmail.com> writes:
>> Are there any plans to support look-behind and negative look-behind
>> for regular expressions in future?
>
> No.  Or are you volunteering?

A n00b like me volunteer for that?  It's more of a suggestion.

Thom

Re: Look-behind regular expressions

От
"David E. Wheeler"
Дата:
On Jun 29, 2010, at 7:44 AM, Thom Brown wrote:

>> No.  Or are you volunteering?
>
> A n00b like me volunteer for that?  It's more of a suggestion.

N00bs gotta start somewhere…

Best,

David

Re: [HACKERS] Look-behind regular expressions

От
Thom Brown
Дата:
On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 at 17:49, David E. Wheeler <david@kineticode.com> wrote:

> On Jun 29, 2010, at 7:44 AM, Thom Brown wrote:
>
> >> No.  Or are you volunteering?
> >
> > A n00b like me volunteer for that?  It's more of a suggestion.
>
> N00bs gotta start somewhere…

10 years later, and I've noticed that both look-behind and negative
look-behind have been implemented.

Thanks to whomever did this.

Thom

Re: [HACKERS] Look-behind regular expressions

От
Andreas Karlsson
Дата:
On 7/7/20 6:51 PM, Thom Brown wrote:

>>> A n00b like me volunteer for that?  It's more of a suggestion.
>>
>> N00bs gotta start somewhere…
>
> 10 years later, and I've noticed that both look-behind and negative
> look-behind have been implemented.
>
> Thanks to whomever did this.

I think that it is Tom Lane that you should thank for this.

https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commit;h=12c9a04008870c283931d6b3b648ee21bbc2cfda

Andreas

Re: [HACKERS] Look-behind regular expressions

От
"David E. Wheeler"
Дата:
On Jul 7, 2020, at 21:32, Andreas Karlsson <andreas@proxel.se> wrote:

> On 7/7/20 6:51 PM, Thom Brown wrote:
>
>> 10 years later, and I've noticed that both look-behind and negative
>> look-behind have been implemented.
>> Thanks to whomever did this.
>
> I think that it is Tom Lane that you should thank for this.
>
> https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commit;h=12c9a04008870c283931d6b3b648ee21bbc2cfda

In 2015! Thank you, Tom. I’ll have to find a use for it one of these days.