Обсуждение: getting to beta

getting to beta

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
Now that PostgreSQL 9.0 alpha4 is bundled (though apparently not quite
out the door yet), it seems like a good time to think about what we'll
need to do to get to beta.  Any thoughts?

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_8.5_Open_Items currently
lists no open items, and the Hot Standby TODO page to which it links
also lists no critical open items.  The Streaming Replication TODO to
which it links lists a LOT of open items.

My suspicion is that the real situation is more complicated than the
above picture.

...Robert

Re: getting to beta

Дата:
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_8.5_Open_Items currently
> lists no open items,

um ... are we looking at the same page?  I see 8 open items there,
not counting the links to the separate HS and SR pages.

> My suspicion is that the real situation is more complicated than the
> above picture.

I believe Bruce is in process of going through his mailbox to find stuff
that slipped through the cracks.  That will probably result in a longer
list...
        regards, tom lane

PS: can we rename that page to "9.0 open items"?

Re: getting to beta

Tom Lane wrote:
> > http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_8.5_Open_Items currently
> > lists no open items,
>
> um ... are we looking at the same page?  I see 8 open items there,
> not counting the links to the separate HS and SR pages.
>
> > My suspicion is that the real situation is more complicated than the
> > above picture.
>
> I believe Bruce is in process of going through his mailbox to find stuff
> that slipped through the cracks.  That will probably result in a longer
> list...

I am.  I am trying to close as many as I can, and sending emails about
the rest.

http://enterprisedb.comPG East:  http://www.enterprisedb.com/community/nav-pg-east-2010.do + If your life is a hard
drive,Christ can be your backup. +

Re: getting to beta

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
On Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 9:26 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_8.5_Open_Items currently
>> lists no open items,
>
> um ... are we looking at the same page?  I see 8 open items there,
> not counting the links to the separate HS and SR pages.

I'm sorry, I left a word out: I meant to say that it lists no *major*
open items.  There are certainly some things listed there, but nothing
to get excited about, at least not AFAICS.

>> My suspicion is that the real situation is more complicated than the
>> above picture.
>
> I believe Bruce is in process of going through his mailbox to find stuff
> that slipped through the cracks.  That will probably result in a longer
> list...
>
>                        regards, tom lane
>
> PS: can we rename that page to "9.0 open items"?

I leave that to someone with superior wiki-fu.

...Robert

Re: getting to beta

От
Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Дата:
Robert Haas wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 9:26 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>>> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_8.5_Open_Items currently
>>> lists no open items,
>> um ... are we looking at the same page?  I see 8 open items there,
>> not counting the links to the separate HS and SR pages.
>
> I'm sorry, I left a word out: I meant to say that it lists no *major*
> open items.  There are certainly some things listed there, but nothing
> to get excited about, at least not AFAICS.
>
>>> My suspicion is that the real situation is more complicated than the
>>> above picture.
>> I believe Bruce is in process of going through his mailbox to find stuff
>> that slipped through the cracks.  That will probably result in a longer
>> list...
>>
>>                        regards, tom lane
>>
>> PS: can we rename that page to "9.0 open items"?
>
> I leave that to someone with superior wiki-fu.

done

Stefan