Обсуждение: broken URL in commitfest page

broken URL in commitfest page

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
In the current commitfest page we have this entry:
pg_start_backup checkpoint issue

However the URL it points to is broken (there's no message-id)

What to do about it?

Re: broken URL in commitfest page

Дата:
> In the current commitfest page we have this entry:
>     pg_start_backup checkpoint issue
> However the URL it points to is broken (there's no message-id)
> What to do about it?

The "Join Removal" item fails to point to a patch, also.
        regards, tom lane

Re: broken URL in commitfest page

От
Simon Riggs
Дата:
On Wed, 2008-11-05 at 14:16 -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> In the current commitfest page we have this entry:
>
>     pg_start_backup checkpoint issue
>
> However the URL it points to is broken (there's no message-id)
>
> What to do about it?

Nothing yet. It's a minor issue, but not one I wanted to forget, but the
patch doesn't currently exist as a separate patch.

If we do anything, it needs to happen after we'd worked out what's
happening with the big patches that touch xlog.c

We really need some form of author-set priority scheme or way of
recording dependencies between patches.

Re: broken URL in commitfest page

От
Simon Riggs
Дата:
> > In the current commitfest page we have this entry:
> >     pg_start_backup checkpoint issue
> > However the URL it points to is broken (there's no message-id)
> > What to do about it?
>
> The "Join Removal" item fails to point to a patch, also.

I've removed that entry now. The patch was being worked on by Jonah but
it looks like we didn't make the deadline.

Re: broken URL in commitfest page

От
"Jonah H. Harris"
Дата:
On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 12:35 PM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> The "Join Removal" item fails to point to a patch, also.
>
> I've removed that entry now. The patch was being worked on by Jonah but
> it looks like we didn't make the deadline.

Well, what is the official deadline on it?  It, like several other
patches on the wiki, was a WIP.  I'm hopeful that RI-based join
elimination for JOIN_INNER should be ready tonight based on your and
Tom's comments.

--
Jonah H. Harris, Senior DBA
myYearbook.com

Re: broken URL in commitfest page

От
Simon Riggs
Дата:
On Wed, 2008-11-05 at 13:23 -0500, Jonah H. Harris wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 12:35 PM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> >> The "Join Removal" item fails to point to a patch, also.
> >
> > I've removed that entry now. The patch was being worked on by Jonah but
> > it looks like we didn't make the deadline.
>
> Well, what is the official deadline on it?  It, like several other
> patches on the wiki, was a WIP.  I'm hopeful that RI-based join
> elimination for JOIN_INNER should be ready tonight based on your and
> Tom's comments.

I think you should post what you have now as WIP. It will make it easier
to discuss the questions you raise above.

Re: broken URL in commitfest page

От
"Robert Haas"
Дата:
On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 1:07 PM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

>> > I've removed that entry now. The patch was being worked on by Jonah but
>> > it looks like we didn't make the deadline.
>>
>> Well, what is the official deadline on it?  It, like several other
>> patches on the wiki, was a WIP.  I'm hopeful that RI-based join
>> elimination for JOIN_INNER should be ready tonight based on your and
>> Tom's comments.
>
> I think you should post what you have now as WIP. It will make it easier
> to discuss the questions you raise above.

Jonah -

Do you have an updated patch for this?  If it's too late for 8.4,
maybe we can get something into 8.5?  It would be nice to see what
progress has been made, even if it is only WIP.

Thanks,

...Robert