Обсуждение: SSL README

SSL README

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
I notice that there is a src/backend/libpq/README.SSL that contains a
couple of copied emails in it (it even contains our end-of-broadcast
message string!) And it contains a reply to the mail, with quoted stuff!

In general, this seem to be some hints about how to use things. Things
that if we need them at all, should go in the main manual. It's
certainly not code documentation, so it should not go in a README file
in the sourcetree.

My suggestion is to just get rid of any enduser docs from that one, and
possibly add stuff to the main manual once we feel it's needed. The part
that documents the SSL "negotiation protocol inside libpq" should stay,
of course.

Any objections?

//Magnus

Re: SSL README

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
While you're cleaning up SSL, how about the thread with this email on
it:

19212172.post%40talk.nabble.com

Re: SSL README

Дата:
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> I notice that there is a src/backend/libpq/README.SSL that contains a
> couple of copied emails in it (it even contains our end-of-broadcast
> message string!) And it contains a reply to the mail, with quoted stuff!
>
> In general, this seem to be some hints about how to use things. Things
> that if we need them at all, should go in the main manual. It's
> certainly not code documentation, so it should not go in a README file
> in the sourcetree.
>
> My suggestion is to just get rid of any enduser docs from that one, and
> possibly add stuff to the main manual once we feel it's needed. The part
> that documents the SSL "negotiation protocol inside libpq" should stay,
> of course.
>
> Any objections?

Agreed, remove it.

http://enterprisedb.com

Re: SSL README

От
Russell Smith
Дата:
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> While you're cleaning up SSL, how about the thread with this email on
> it:
>
> 19212172.post%40talk.nabble.com

Yeah, I mentioned this to Magnus this morning (my time) and he said
Bruce was compiling a patch in time for the next commit fest.

I'm not sure where it's all at, but an "official" update would be helpful.

Russell.

Re: SSL README

Дата:
Russell Smith wrote:
> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > While you're cleaning up SSL, how about the thread with this email on
> > it:
> >
> > 19212172.post%40talk.nabble.com
> >

> Yeah, I mentioned this to Magnus this morning (my time) and he said
> Bruce was compiling a patch in time for the next commit fest.
>
> I'm not sure where it's all at, but an "official" update would be helpful.

Yep, got the patch done, actually;  will post it now.

http://enterprisedb.com