Обсуждение: SE-PostgreSQL wiki updates, but ...

SE-PostgreSQL wiki updates, but ...

От
KaiGai Kohei
Дата:
I started to rework the SE-PostgreSQL documentation to catch up
the latest implementation, because the existing PDF documents are
a bit legacy to be updated.
In addition, I moved them to wiki site for easier future updates.
http://code.google.com/p/sepgsql/wiki/TheSepgsqlDocument

However, I have a few complaints for wiki in google code.- It requires google account for all the editors, so it
preventsto  update documentation based on native reviewers comments.- It sends frequent commit messages for each
updates,because it  saves wiki pages into a part of the svn repository.

Is it possiblt to host it on the wiki.postgresql.org?
If possible, I want to continue it at:  http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/SEPostgreSQL

OSS Platform Development Division, NEC
KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@ak.jp.nec.com>

Re: SE-PostgreSQL wiki updates, but ...

От
"Hitoshi Harada"
Дата:
2008/10/21 KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@ak.jp.nec.com>:
> Is it possiblt to host it on the wiki.postgresql.org?
> If possible, I want to continue it at:
>   http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/SEPostgreSQL

Though I don't know if this is official way, I found that you can
register a new account on
http://www.postgresql.org/community/signup
and with that account the wiki is editable.

I guess it might be better if there is more public announcement to
help developers' activities.

Hitoshi Harada

Re: SE-PostgreSQL wiki updates, but ...

От
Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Дата:
Hitoshi Harada wrote:
> 2008/10/21 KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@ak.jp.nec.com>:
>> Is it possiblt to host it on the wiki.postgresql.org?
>> If possible, I want to continue it at:
>>   http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/SEPostgreSQL
>>

> Though I don't know if this is official way, I found that you can
> register a new account on
> http://www.postgresql.org/community/signup
> and with that account the wiki is editable.
>
> I guess it might be better if there is more public announcement to
> help developers' activities.

the wiki is free for everybody to use (it's a wiki after all) - it just
shares the account database with the rest of the website so people don't
have to keep multiple accounts around.

the main page even has:

"In order to edit or create documents on the site, you will need a
PostgreSQL community account"

Stefan

Re: SE-PostgreSQL wiki updates, but ...

От
KaiGai Kohei
Дата:
Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
> Hitoshi Harada wrote:
>> 2008/10/21 KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@ak.jp.nec.com>:
>>> Is it possiblt to host it on the wiki.postgresql.org?
>>> If possible, I want to continue it at:
>>>   http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/SEPostgreSQL
>>>

>> Though I don't know if this is official way, I found that you can
>> register a new account on
>> http://www.postgresql.org/community/signup
>> and with that account the wiki is editable.

Yes, I didn't know the official way.

Thanks for your information.

--
KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@kaigai.gr.jp>

Re: SE-PostgreSQL wiki updates, but ...

От
Simon Riggs
Дата:
On Tue, 2008-10-21 at 18:48 +0900, KaiGai Kohei wrote:

> I started to rework the SE-PostgreSQL documentation to catch up
> the latest implementation, because the existing PDF documents are
> a bit legacy to be updated.
> In addition, I moved them to wiki site for easier future updates.
>    http://code.google.com/p/sepgsql/wiki/TheSepgsqlDocument

I've forwarded this on as promised, with request for comments.

Re: SE-PostgreSQL wiki updates, but ...

От
KaiGai Kohei
Дата:
Simon Riggs wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-10-21 at 18:48 +0900, KaiGai Kohei wrote:
>
>> I started to rework the SE-PostgreSQL documentation to catch up
>> the latest implementation, because the existing PDF documents are
>> a bit legacy to be updated.
>> In addition, I moved them to wiki site for easier future updates.
>>    http://code.google.com/p/sepgsql/wiki/TheSepgsqlDocument
>
> I've forwarded this on as promised, with request for comments.

I'm now reworking it at: http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/SEPostgreSQL

Maybe, 10% of them have been completed yet....
--
KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@kaigai.gr.jp>

Re: SE-PostgreSQL wiki updates, but ...

От
KaiGai Kohei
Дата:
KaiGai Kohei wrote:
> Simon Riggs wrote:
>> On Tue, 2008-10-21 at 18:48 +0900, KaiGai Kohei wrote:
>>
>>> I started to rework the SE-PostgreSQL documentation to catch up
>>> the latest implementation, because the existing PDF documents are
>>> a bit legacy to be updated.
>>> In addition, I moved them to wiki site for easier future updates.
>>>    http://code.google.com/p/sepgsql/wiki/TheSepgsqlDocument
>> I've forwarded this on as promised, with request for comments.
>
> I'm now reworking it at:
>   http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/SEPostgreSQL

Now, I completed the chapter 1, 2 and 6, and working for the chapter 3.
If you can comment anything in this state, please feel free to tell me.

OSS Platform Development Division, NEC
KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@ak.jp.nec.com>

Re: SE-PostgreSQL wiki updates, but ...

От
KaiGai Kohei
Дата:
KaiGai Kohei wrote:
> KaiGai Kohei wrote:
>> Simon Riggs wrote:

>>> I've forwarded this on as promised, with request for comments.
>> I'm now reworking it at:
>>   http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/SEPostgreSQL
>
> Now, I completed the chapter 1, 2 and 6, and working for the chapter 3.
> If you can comment anything in this state, please feel free to tell me.

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/SEPostgreSQL

Now, I completed the planned works. If you can comment anything, please
feel free to tell me or update them.