Обсуждение: CommitFest dragging?

CommitFest dragging?

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Folks,

It's been 3 weeks since the start of the commitfest, and less than half
the patches have been committed or sent back.  We seem to be stalled.
What's going on?

Looking at the wiki, I see some issues:

Robert Lor, Jaime Casanova, Mark Woodward, Heikki Linnakangas  Zoltan
Boszormenyi and Greg Stark apparently haven't responded to issues raised
by their reviewers.

David Fetter, Stephen Frost, Greg Stark, Thomas Lee, Bruce Momjian,
Peter Eisentraut, Pavan Deolasee, Martin Zaun and Simon Riggs are all
"reviewing" patches and need to report back, either sending back the
patch or finishing it.

And there's four patches which aren't even being reviewed because most
of the reviewers are stalled (not) reviewing other patches.

So, what do we need to do to get this moving?

--Josh

Re: CommitFest dragging?

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
On Sun, 2008-07-20 at 10:17 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Folks,
>
> It's been 3 weeks since the start of the commitfest, and less than half
> the patches have been committed or sent back.  We seem to be stalled.
> What's going on?

> So, what do we need to do to get this moving?

Let's not forget that it is the middle of summer. As I recall that was
the whole reason to try and push 8.2 to a late spring release :P (which
failed of course) but my point is, people are low on cycles.

Joshua D. Drake

Re: CommitFest dragging?

Дата:
> On Sun, 2008-07-20 at 10:17 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
>> It's been 3 weeks since the start of the commitfest, and less than half
>> the patches have been committed or sent back.  We seem to be stalled.

> Let's not forget that it is the middle of summer. As I recall that was
> the whole reason to try and push 8.2 to a late spring release :P (which
> failed of course) but my point is, people are low on cycles.

Sure, but the folks who volunteered to be reviewers for this fest
presumably expected to have cycles to do that.  I agree with Josh B
that there's too many patches for which nothing has happened for longer
than is reasonable.

I don't have a problem with pushing a patch to the next fest if the
author is the one who's not answering, but it'd be less than fair to do
so when it's the reviewer who's dropped the ball.

(At the same time, it should be noted that some of the patches seem to
be getting review activity that's not reflected on the wiki page.
A lot of people seem to have poked at the WITH RECURSIVE patch in
particular.)
        regards, tom lane

Re: CommitFest dragging?

От
Andrew Chernow
Tom Lane wrote:
>> On Sun, 2008-07-20 at 10:17 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
>>> It's been 3 weeks since the start of the commitfest, and less than half
>>> the patches have been committed or sent back.  We seem to be stalled.

libpq object hooks, now called libpq events, can be pushed back to the september
commitfest.  We would love to get it reviewed now but we are deeply involved in
a company project and the commitfest seems to be a bit behind.  The two combined
make for a good push back candidate.

Do we need to add this patch to the sept commitfest?  How would we remove it
from the current one?

--
Andrew Chernow
eSilo, LLC

Re: CommitFest dragging?

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Andrew,

> Do we need to add this patch to the sept commitfest?  How would we
> remove it from the current one?

Done.

--Josh