Обсуждение: port/thread.c and pthreads

port/thread.c and pthreads

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
port/thread.c includes the pthreads header files, and contains a bunch
of comments about pthreads - but there seems to be no code related to
pthreads at all in the file. Am I missing something completely here? ;-)

//Magnus

Re: port/thread.c and pthreads

Дата:
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> port/thread.c includes the pthreads header files, and contains a bunch
> of comments about pthreads - but there seems to be no code related to
> pthreads at all in the file. Am I missing something completely here? ;-)

Uh, those files are thread-safe/reentrant versions of libc functions.  I
don't think they need the pthread.h includes.  You want to try removing
those includes and see how the buildfarm behaves?

http://enterprisedb.com

Re: port/thread.c and pthreads

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Magnus Hagander wrote:
> > port/thread.c includes the pthreads header files, and contains a
> > bunch of comments about pthreads - but there seems to be no code
> > related to pthreads at all in the file. Am I missing something
> > completely here? ;-)
>
> Uh, those files are thread-safe/reentrant versions of libc
> functions.  I don't think they need the pthread.h includes.  You want
> to try removing those includes and see how the buildfarm behaves?

Done, let's see what happens...

//Magnus

Re: port/thread.c and pthreads

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > Uh, those files are thread-safe/reentrant versions of libc
> > functions.  I don't think they need the pthread.h includes.  You want
> > to try removing those includes and see how the buildfarm behaves?
>
> Done, let's see what happens...

Apparently the world failed to end.

Re: port/thread.c and pthreads

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Magnus Hagander wrote:
> > Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> > > Uh, those files are thread-safe/reentrant versions of libc
> > > functions.  I don't think they need the pthread.h includes.  You
> > > want to try removing those includes and see how the buildfarm
> > > behaves?
> >
> > Done, let's see what happens...
>
> Apparently the world failed to end.

Almost a bit disappointing ;-)

//Magnus

Re: port/thread.c and pthreads

Дата:
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > Magnus Hagander wrote:

> > > Done, let's see what happens...
> >
> > Apparently the world failed to end.
>
> Almost a bit disappointing ;-)

:-)  All that threading stuff was done before we had a buildfarm so
everything was a big guess.

http://enterprisedb.com