Обсуждение: benchmark farm

benchmark farm

От
andy
Дата:
Hello,

Someplace I recall hearing about a benchmark/performance farm... is
anyone working on that?  It sounds kinda fun and I have a little time to
help.

I'm a perl/C/Java/Lua guy, hopefully there is something there I can help
with.

-Andy

Re: benchmark farm

От
Andrew Dunstan

andy wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Someplace I recall hearing about a benchmark/performance farm... is
> anyone working on that?  It sounds kinda fun and I have a little time
> to help.
>
> I'm a perl/C/Java/Lua guy, hopefully there is something there I can
> help with.

It's on my (very long) TODO list to add benchmarking as an option on the
buildfarm. If you're interested in working on it then contact me offline
and we will work on how to move forward.

cheers

andrew

Re: benchmark farm

От
"Jaime Casanova"
Дата:
On 1/21/08, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:

> It's on my (very long) TODO list to add benchmarking as an option on the
> buildfarm. If you're interested in working on it then contact me offline and
> we will work on how to move forward.

any move in this?

--
regards,
Jaime Casanova

Re: benchmark farm

От
Andy Colson
Дата:
Jaime Casanova wrote:
> On 1/21/08, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
>> It's on my (very long) TODO list to add benchmarking as an option on the
>> buildfarm. If you're interested in working on it then contact me offline and
>> we will work on how to move forward.
>>

> any move in this?

Not much on my side.  It seemed really complicated to plug into the
existing run_bench.pl, which I didnt think was going to let me play with
different postgres.conf settings easily.

And they wanted to start with just running pg_bench, which wasn't what I
was really interested in.

I did write a few perl scripts to play around with inserts and updates
and compared a few timings on xfs vs ext2... and then kinda lost interest.

-Andy

Re: benchmark farm

От
"Michael Holzman"
Дата:
On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 7:09 PM, Jaime Casanova wrote:
> any move in this?

I did some changes to pgbench in February and sent them to Andrew. No
reaction has been got so far.

--
Regards,Michael Holzman

Re: benchmark farm

От
Andrew Dunstan

Michael Holzman wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 7:09 PM, Jaime Casanova wrote:
>
>> any move in this?
>>

> I did some changes to pgbench in February and sent them to Andrew. No
> reaction has been got so far.

Oops. This completely got by me. I'll try to take a look at it RSN.

cheers

andrew