Обсуждение: pg 8.3 Windows installer suggestion

pg 8.3 Windows installer suggestion

От
jMartinez
Дата:
May be this is not the right place to post this, if not please move the post.

Would it be possible to add an option to the pg 8.3 Windows installer to
separate the pg_log and pg_xlog folders from tha data one?

I plan to install 8.3 on a dedicated server and i want to separate the data
from the WAL and logs. If this could be done at the installation it would be
nice.

Thanks

J Martinez

Re: pg 8.3 Windows installer suggestion

От
Euler Taveira de Oliveira
jMartinez wrote:

> Would it be possible to add an option to the pg 8.3 Windows installer to
> separate the pg_log and pg_xlog folders from tha data one?

Both options already exist in 8.3; pg_log can be set in postgresql.conf
('log_directory') and pg_xlog can be set at initdb time.

--   Euler Taveira de Oliveira  http://www.timbira.com/

Re: pg 8.3 Windows installer suggestion

От
jMartinez
Дата:
>Both options already exist in 8.3; pg_log can be set in postgresql.conf
>'log_directory') and pg_xlog can be set at initdb time.

Yes, I know that, but I meant include the option directly in the msi
installer (which already let the user initialyse the db cluster) would be a
'nice to have'.
This way, once the installation process is finished, everything should be
ready.

Regards

J Martinez