Обсуждение: ECPG regression tests

ECPG regression tests

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
Getting much further now - now they all build :-) But I'm getting a couple
of failures in autoprep and oldexec. Diffs attached.

Pointers?

//Magnus

Вложения

Re: ECPG regression tests

От
Michael Meskes
Дата:
On Wed, Oct 03, 2007 at 01:54:50PM +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Getting much further now - now they all build :-) But I'm getting a couple
> of failures in autoprep and oldexec. Diffs attached.
>
> Pointers?

Looks like we're almost there.

oldexec needs the additional option "-r questionmarks" to ecpg. Here's
the line from the normal Makefile:

$(ECPG) -r questionmarks -o $@ -I$(srcdir) $<

autoprep also needs an additional parameter. It's "-r prepare". And
again, here's the line:

$(ECPG) -r prepare -o $@ -I$(srcdir) $<

Michael
--
Michael Meskes

Re: ECPG regression tests

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Wed, Oct 03, 2007 at 02:12:50PM +0200, Michael Meskes wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 03, 2007 at 01:54:50PM +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> > Getting much further now - now they all build :-) But I'm getting a couple
> > of failures in autoprep and oldexec. Diffs attached.
> >
> > Pointers?
>
> Looks like we're almost there.
>
> oldexec needs the additional option "-r questionmarks" to ecpg. Here's
> the line from the normal Makefile:
>
> $(ECPG) -r questionmarks -o $@ -I$(srcdir) $<
>
> autoprep also needs an additional parameter. It's "-r prepare". And
> again, here's the line:
>
> $(ECPG) -r prepare -o $@ -I$(srcdir) $<

Bingo.

With that, all the ECPG regression tests now pass on MSVC builds.

Andrew - please enable it for the buildfarm :-)

//Magnus

Re: ECPG regression tests

От
Michael Meskes
Дата:
On Wed, Oct 03, 2007 at 02:34:59PM +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> With that, all the ECPG regression tests now pass on MSVC builds.

Great!

Thanks a lot for your help Magnus.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes

Re: ECPG regression tests

От
Andrew Dunstan

Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Bingo.
>
> With that, all the ECPG regression tests now pass on MSVC builds.
>
> Andrew - please enable it for the buildfarm :-)

Yes, when I have had a chance to test it. Might be a day or so.

cheers

andrew

Re: ECPG regression tests

От
Andrew Dunstan

Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> Bingo.
>>
>> With that, all the ECPG regression tests now pass on MSVC builds.
>>
>> Andrew - please enable it for the buildfarm :-)
>>

> Yes, when I have had a chance to test it. Might be a day or so.

I finally managed to get this working after much wailing and gnashing of
teeth and rending of hair. (Hint: if you don't put the PlatformSDK
directories first in the INCLUDE and LIB lists bad and inexplicable
things can happen.)

Pick up the latest version of run_build.pl in CVS if you want to run
this in your buildfarm animal now.

A release will be forthcoming very soon.

cheers

andrew

Re: ECPG regression tests

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Sat, Oct 06, 2007 at 11:50:39PM -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> >

> >Magnus Hagander wrote:
> >>Bingo.
> >>
> >>With that, all the ECPG regression tests now pass on MSVC builds.
> >>
> >>Andrew - please enable it for the buildfarm :-)
> >>

> >Yes, when I have had a chance to test it. Might be a day or so.
> >

> I finally managed to get this working after much wailing and gnashing of
> teeth and rending of hair. (Hint: if you don't put the PlatformSDK
> directories first in the INCLUDE and LIB lists bad and inexplicable
> things can happen.)
>
> Pick up the latest version of run_build.pl in CVS if you want to run
> this in your buildfarm animal now.
>
> A release will be forthcoming very soon.

I put it in, but it doesn't work. It works when running ecpg tests manual,
but from run_build I get:
http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_stage_log.pl?nm=skylark&dt=2007-10-09%20090814&stg=ecpg-check

which seems similar to what you had before. How did you fix that one?  Is
that the one requiring a reorder?

//Magnus

Re: ECPG regression tests

От
Andrew Dunstan

Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> (Hint: if you don't put the PlatformSDK
>> directories first in the INCLUDE and LIB lists bad and inexplicable
>> things can happen.)
>>
>> Pick up the latest version of run_build.pl in CVS if you want to run
>> this in your buildfarm animal now.
>>
>> A release will be forthcoming very soon.
>>

> I put it in, but it doesn't work. It works when running ecpg tests manual,
> but from run_build I get:
> http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_stage_log.pl?nm=skylark&dt=2007-10-09%20090814&stg=ecpg-check
>
> which seems similar to what you had before. How did you fix that one?  Is
> that the one requiring a reorder?

Yes. compare its build_env INCLUDE and LIB and possibly PATH values with
those of red_bat:
http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=red_bat&dt=2007-10-09%2004:30:04

BTW, following some advice I found on the net those PlatformSDK
directories were copied manually from the SDK install, back when I
installed MSVC.

cheers

andrew

Re: ECPG regression tests

От
Andrew Dunstan

Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> Magnus Hagander wrote:
>>> (Hint: if you don't put the PlatformSDK directories first in the
>>> INCLUDE and LIB lists bad and inexplicable things can happen.)
>>>
>>> Pick up the latest version of run_build.pl in CVS if you want to run
>>> this in your buildfarm animal now.
>>>
>>> A release will be forthcoming very soon.
>>>

>> I put it in, but it doesn't work. It works when running ecpg tests
>> manual,
>> but from run_build I get:
>> http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_stage_log.pl?nm=skylark&dt=2007-10-09%20090814&stg=ecpg-check
>>

>> which seems similar to what you had before. How did you fix that
>> one?  Is
>> that the one requiring a reorder?
>>

> Yes. compare its build_env INCLUDE and LIB and possibly PATH values
> with those of red_bat:
> http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=red_bat&dt=2007-10-09%2004:30:04
>

> BTW, following some advice I found on the net those PlatformSDK
> directories were copied manually from the SDK install, back when I
> installed MSVC.

You also appear to have simply a configuration bug - there is a missing
semicolon or two in:
 LIB' => 'D:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\\VC\\ATLMFC\\LIB;D:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Visual
Studio8\\VC\\LIBD:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\\VC\\PlatformSDK\\lib;D:\\Program Files
(x86)\\MicrosoftVisual Studio 8\\SDK\\v2.0\\libD:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
2003\\SDK\\v1.1\\Lib\\;C:\\ProgramFiles\\SQLXML 4.0\\bin\\',

cheers

andrew

Re: ECPG regression tests

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Tue, Oct 09, 2007 at 05:44:22PM -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> >>I put it in, but it doesn't work. It works when running ecpg tests
> >>manual,
> >>but from run_build I get:
> >>http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_stage_log.pl?nm=skylark&dt=2007-10-09%20090814&stg=ecpg-check
> >>

> >>which seems similar to what you had before. How did you fix that
> >>one?  Is
> >>that the one requiring a reorder?
> >>

> >Yes. compare its build_env INCLUDE and LIB and possibly PATH values
> >with those of red_bat:
> >http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=red_bat&dt=2007-10-09%2004:30:04
> >

> >BTW, following some advice I found on the net those PlatformSDK
> >directories were copied manually from the SDK install, back when I
> >installed MSVC.
>
> You also appear to have simply a configuration bug - there is a missing
> semicolon or two in:
>
>  LIB' => 'D:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Visual Studio
>  8\\VC\\ATLMFC\\LIB;D:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Visual Studio
>  8\\VC\\LIBD:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Visual Studio
>  8\\VC\\PlatformSDK\\lib;D:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Visual Studio
>  8\\SDK\\v2.0\\libD:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
>  2003\\SDK\\v1.1\\Lib\\;C:\\Program Files\\SQLXML 4.0\\bin\\',

Gah. That was it, I had . instead of , in the config file :-(

Fixing that made the ecpg regression etsts pass, didn't have to reorder or
change anything at all.

//Magnus