Обсуждение: Timezones change - never ending story

Timezones change - never ending story

От
Zdenek Kotala
Дата:
Just for information. Venezuela is going to have new timezone change
(30minutes shift) on this weekend. This change is not yet integrated in
the last version in Olson database. (Original announcement said it
happens on 1.1.2008)

More info:

http://www.reuters.com/article/oddlyEnoughNews/idUSN2328980320070824

        Zdenek

PS: Can we add information about Olson database version somewhere (e.g
Readme in src/timezone directory, or in Release notes?

Re: Timezones change - never ending story

От
Gregory Stark
Дата:
"Zdenek Kotala" <Zdenek.Kotala@Sun.COM> writes:

> Just for information. Venezuela is going to have new timezone change (30minutes
> shift) on this weekend. This change is not yet integrated in the last version
> in Olson database. (Original announcement said it happens on 1.1.2008)

Is there still time to slip this into the upcoming 8.2.5?

I haven't been able to find anything which specifies precisely when it'll
happen though. Just knowing the week or even day isn't enough.

Re: Timezones change - never ending story

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Gregory Stark wrote:
> Is there still time to slip this into the upcoming 8.2.5?

8.2.5 is no longer upcoming.

--
Peter Eisentraut

Re: Timezones change - never ending story

От
Zdenek Kotala
Дата:
Gregory Stark napsal(a):
> "Zdenek Kotala" <Zdenek.Kotala@Sun.COM> writes:
>
>> Just for information. Venezuela is going to have new timezone change (30minutes
>> shift) on this weekend. This change is not yet integrated in the last version
>> in Olson database. (Original announcement said it happens on 1.1.2008)
>
> Is there still time to slip this into the upcoming 8.2.5?
>
> I haven't been able to find anything which specifies precisely when it'll
> happen though. Just knowing the week or even day isn't enough.

There is latest info

http://www.worldtimezone.com/dst_news/dst_news_venezuela02.html

but I think until Olson database will not be updated, we can do nothing. Maybe
put some info on webpage.

    Zdenek