Обсуждение: errcontext function

errcontext function

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Hi,

I wonder why all messages going through errcontext function are not
translatable. I found this when working on PL/pgsql but it seems other
functions (like COPY, see backend/commands/copy.c) call errcontext and
none propose translatable messages.

Can I send a patch so we can translate them ?

Regards.

--
Guillaume.http://www.postgresqlfr.orghttp://dalibo.com

Re: errcontext function

Дата:
Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info> writes:
> I wonder why all messages going through errcontext function are not
> translatable.

I don't think it's errcontext's fault.  The PLs in general don't have
any translation coverage.  This seems a bit difficult to fix: I don't
think we'd wish to put their messages into the main backend's message
domain, but AFAICT gettext can only support one active domain at
a time.
        regards, tom lane

Re: errcontext function

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Tom Lane a écrit :
> Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info> writes:
>> I wonder why all messages going through errcontext function are not
>> translatable.
>
> I don't think it's errcontext's fault.  The PLs in general don't have
> any translation coverage.  This seems a bit difficult to fix: I don't
> think we'd wish to put their messages into the main backend's message
> domain, but AFAICT gettext can only support one active domain at
> a time.

OK, I understand quite well. Thanks for your answer.

Regards.

--
Guillaume.  http://www.postgresqlfr.org  http://dalibo.com