Обсуждение: So are we calling it: Feature Freeze?

So are we calling it: Feature Freeze?

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
Hello,

Should we announce? There is some web work etc.. to be done.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake
Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL solutions since 1997             http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: So are we calling it: Feature Freeze?

Дата:
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Should we announce? There is some web work etc.. to be done.

Sure.  I don't remember us doing anything special to annouce feature
freeze, but if there is something, please go ahead.

FYI, I am ready to move uncompleted patches into the 8.4 hold queue when
we are ready.

--  Bruce Momjian  <bruce@momjian.us>          http://momjian.us EnterpriseDB
http://www.enterprisedb.com

Re: So are we calling it: Feature Freeze?

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Bruce,

> FYI, I am ready to move uncompleted patches into the 8.4 hold queue when
> we are ready.

What about the patches for which the submitters are waiting for other
pending patches?  Some of the patches in your "uncomplete" list match that
description ...

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco

Re: So are we calling it: Feature Freeze?

Дата:
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Bruce,
>
> > FYI, I am ready to move uncompleted patches into the 8.4 hold queue when
> > we are ready.
>
> What about the patches for which the submitters are waiting for other
> pending patches?  Some of the patches in your "uncomplete" list match that
> description ...

Complete just means the author things he/she is done, and has responded
to all requests for changes.

--  Bruce Momjian  <bruce@momjian.us>          http://momjian.us EnterpriseDB
http://www.enterprisedb.com

Re: So are we calling it: Feature Freeze?

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Should we announce? There is some web work etc.. to be done.
>
> Sure.  I don't remember us doing anything special to annouce feature
> freeze, but if there is something, please go ahead.

Given that nobody else did anything, I've updated the roadmap page a bit
for this. Patches are always welcome for further additions ;-)

//Magnus

Re: So are we calling it: Feature Freeze?

От
Jim Nasby
Дата:
On Apr 2, 2007, at 12:40 PM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Should we announce? There is some web work etc.. to be done.

Is that work documented anywhere? Seems it would be a GoodThing if it
was...