From: Magnus Hagander [mailto:magnus@hagander.net]
Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2007 3:52 PM
To: Tom Dong
Cc: Tom Lane; pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] [ADMIN] How to configure Postgres NOT to use
(load) openssl libraries libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll

On Tue, Jan 30, 2007 at 11:14:15AM -0500, Tom Dong wrote:
> Thanks! Tom,
>
>     We are using the win32 version of the postgres 8.0.10.5031.  We
> need to replace that with the same version (not necessarily to the
same
> point release) without using SSL (without using the openssl libraries
> mentioned below).  We are trying to rebuild the binary as you
suggested
> with ssl flag off.  Are there any tips you can provide us on the build
> process or it is quite straight forward?

There is a FAQ avialable for building on win32 at
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs.FAQ_MINGW.html.

//Magnus

Re: [ADMIN] How to configure Postgres NOT to use (load) openssl libraries libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Tue, Jan 30, 2007 at 03:59:08PM -0500, Tom Dong wrote:
> Thanks! Mangus,
>
>     Our developers are currently working on the build.  Just
> wondering if there are any builds, without the encryption, we can
> download.

None that I know of. All the official builds from postgresql.org (wihch
are the MSI installer and the binaries-no-installer.zip) are built with
SSL enabled.

//Magnus