Обсуждение: ECPG regression failures on OpenBSD

ECPG regression failures on OpenBSD

От
Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Дата:
After upgrading some of my buildfarm members to the latest version of
the buildfarm script both OpenBSD boxes startet to fail the ECPG
regression tests:

http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=emu&dt=2006-09-05%2002:35:02

and

http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=spoonbill&dt=2006-09-04%2023:50:05

Stefan

Re: ECPG regression failures on OpenBSD

От
Michael Meskes
Дата:
On Tue, Sep 05, 2006 at 08:00:12AM +0200, Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
> After upgrading some of my buildfarm members to the latest version of
> the buildfarm script both OpenBSD boxes startet to fail the ECPG
> regression tests:

complex/test2 gets a segmentation fault on both machines. Could you try
running it under gdb to see where it segfaults? I will try to get a hand
on an OpenBSD machine myself, too

Michael
--
Michael Meskes

Re: ECPG regression failures on OpenBSD

От
Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Дата:
Michael Meskes wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 05, 2006 at 08:00:12AM +0200, Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
>> After upgrading some of my buildfarm members to the latest version of
>> the buildfarm script both OpenBSD boxes startet to fail the ECPG
>> regression tests:
>
> complex/test2 gets a segmentation fault on both machines. Could you try
> running it under gdb to see where it segfaults? I will try to get a hand
> on an OpenBSD machine myself, too

will try to get a backtrace soon - if you are trying to do your own
testing keep in mind that both boxes of mine do run with special
malloc-settings (as in FGJZ) as discussed in:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2005-06/msg00817.php

while I'm not sure yet that those are causing the errors to show up it
seems quite likely since they tend to catch hidden memory allocation errors.

Stefan

Re: ECPG regression failures on OpenBSD

От
Chris Mair
Дата:
> >> After upgrading some of my buildfarm members to the latest version of
> >> the buildfarm script both OpenBSD boxes startet to fail the ECPG
> >> regression tests:
> >
> > complex/test2 gets a segmentation fault on both machines. Could you try
> > running it under gdb to see where it segfaults? I will try to get a hand
> > on an OpenBSD machine myself, too
>
> will try to get a backtrace soon - if you are trying to do your own
> testing keep in mind that both boxes of mine do run with special
> malloc-settings (as in FGJZ) as discussed in:
>
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2005-06/msg00817.php
>
> while I'm not sure yet that those are causing the errors to show up it
> seems quite likely since they tend to catch hidden memory allocation errors.

Hi,

I've just upgraded guppy, the only other OpenBSD machine that builds
head to the latest buildfarm version.

I don't have any special malloc settings. When guppy finishes, we will
see what happens.

Bye, Chris.

--

Chris Mair
http://www.1006.org

Re: ECPG regression failures on OpenBSD

От
Michael Meskes
Дата:
On Tue, Sep 05, 2006 at 11:58:41AM +0200, Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
> #0  0x0add8c83 in replace_variables (text=0x7e709780 "select name, born,
> age, married, children from meskes where name = ?    ") at prepare.c:42
>         ptr = 0x7e70a000 <Address 0x7e70a000 out of bounds>
>         string = 0 '\0'

I think I found this one. Will commit as soon as I finished my tests and
the parser update.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes

Re: ECPG regression failures on OpenBSD

От
Michael Meskes
Дата:
On Tue, Sep 05, 2006 at 08:00:12AM +0200, Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
> http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=emu&dt=2006-09-05%2002:35:02
>
> and
>
> http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=spoonbill&dt=2006-09-04%2023:50:05

Hmm, for some reason the x86 machine doesn't give a
PGTYPES_NUM_UNDERFLOW error when it should. The Sparc correctly throws
that error as do Linux based x86 machines.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes

Re: ECPG regression failures on OpenBSD

От
Michael Meskes
Дата:
On Tue, Sep 05, 2006 at 01:08:48PM +0200, Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
> FYI: complex/test2 fails on lionfish (my linux/mipsel box) too:
>
> http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=lionfish&dt=2006-09-05%2005:30:07

This needs some debugging. The output difference comes from an indicator
not correctly set/evaluated. To get more infos I need to get access to
such a machine.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes

Re: ECPG regression failures on OpenBSD

От
Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Дата:
Michael Meskes wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 05, 2006 at 01:08:48PM +0200, Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
>> FYI: complex/test2 fails on lionfish (my linux/mipsel box) too:
>>
>> http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=lionfish&dt=2006-09-05%2005:30:07
>
> This needs some debugging. The output difference comes from an indicator
> not correctly set/evaluated. To get more infos I need to get access to
> such a machine.

hmm I might be able to arrange access to lionfish - but that box is slow
(it needs between 5 and 6 hours to finish a buildfarm run).

Stefan

Re: ECPG regression failures on OpenBSD

От
Chris Mair

> > will try to get a backtrace soon - if you are trying to do your own
> > testing keep in mind that both boxes of mine do run with special
> > malloc-settings (as in FGJZ) as discussed in:
> >
> > http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2005-06/msg00817.php
> >
> > while I'm not sure yet that those are causing the errors to show up it
> > seems quite likely since they tend to catch hidden memory allocation errors.
>
> Hi,
>
> I've just upgraded guppy, the only other OpenBSD machine that builds
> head to the latest buildfarm version.
>
> I don't have any special malloc settings. When guppy finishes, we will
> see what happens.

Hi,

after a spurious run due to a config mistake after upgrading (sorry),
guppy just now completed a new run and also failed on "make ecpg check":

http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=guppy&dt=2006-09-05%
2010:02:05

Michael, if you want shell access to guppy, just contact me privately.
Warning: guppy too, is somewhat dated (1:10 hours for the make step) :/

Bye, Chris.

--

Chris Mair
http://www.1006.org

Re: ECPG regression failures on OpenBSD

От
Дата:
> Michael, if you want shell access to guppy, just contact me privately.
> Warning: guppy too, is somewhat dated (1:10 hours for the make step) :/

Michael,
did you receive my private mail yesterday?
(just want to make sure it wasn't blocked by an overzealous spam filter)

Bye, Chris.

--

Chris Mair
http://www.1006.org