Обсуждение: Change in Pervasive's PostgreSQL strategy

Change in Pervasive's PostgreSQL strategy

От
"Jim C. Nasby"
Дата:
Today Pervasive announced that it is stepping away from PostgreSQL
support and services. There's an open letter to the community at
http://pervasivepostgresql.com with more info, so I won't really go into
that. There are a few things I wanted to mention, though.

First, I'm now officially looking for work. :) So is Larry.

Second, Pervasive is keeping me employed until the end of August, so
I'll continue posting from this email address and using this signature
until then.

While it's disappointing to me that Pervasive couldn't find a PostgreSQL
strategy that worked for them it's certainly not a reflection of the
technology. Even so, it's been a pleasure working here for the past
year.

Pervasive does have a bunch of stuff it plans to contribute to the
community (such as our knowledge base, and the directory), and we'll be
talking with Josh Berkus about that.

Re: Change in Pervasive's PostgreSQL strategy

От
"Larry Rosenman"
Дата:
Jim C. Nasby wrote:
> Today Pervasive announced that it is stepping away from PostgreSQL
> support and services. There's an open letter to the community at
> http://pervasivepostgresql.com with more info, so I won't really go
> into that. There are a few things I wanted to mention, though.
>
> First, I'm now officially looking for work. :) So is Larry.
>
> Second, Pervasive is keeping me employed until the end of August, so
> I'll continue posting from this email address and using this signature
> until then.
>
> While it's disappointing to me that Pervasive couldn't find a
> PostgreSQL strategy that worked for them it's certainly not a
> reflection of the technology. Even so, it's been a pleasure working
> here for the past year.
>
> Pervasive does have a bunch of stuff it plans to contribute to the
> community (such as our knowledge base, and the directory), and we'll
> be talking with Josh Berkus about that.

I'd like to echo Jim's sentiment.  The last 9 months here have been
great, and
the community is still as wonderful as ever.

I hope I've been a positive asset to both Pervasive and the community
(mailing-list
and IRC).
--
Larry Rosenman