Обсуждение: will it work

will it work

От
"siva kumar"
Дата:
hai, will it be possible to use one server for Process and another server
for Reports. We are using Postgresql as database and java ....

- Sivakumar

NRIs Zero balance Account. FREE Money Transfers with FREE DVD
https://www.online.citibank.co.in/portal/rca_msntagofline.htm

Re: will it work

От
"Jonah H. Harris"
Дата:
On 4/4/06, siva kumar <tosivakumar@hotmail.com> wrote:
> hai, will it be possible to use one server for Process and another server
> for Reports. We are using Postgresql as database and java ....

You surely can use two servers, but they cannot share the same data
cluster.  You would have to replicate your process data to your
reporting database via Slony or some other replication system.

--
Jonah H. Harris, Database Internals Architect
EnterpriseDB Corporation