Обсуждение: Remove ora2pg from contrib

Remove ora2pg from contrib

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Apparently, the development of ora2pg is going on at
<http://www.samse.fr/GPL/ora2pg/>, and quite actively so, rather than in
contrib, so I see no point in keeping it at the latter location except to
confuse people.  License uniformity is an extra argument for removal.  So
please speak up or I'll kill it.

--
Peter Eisentraut

Re: Remove ora2pg from contrib

От
"Jonah H. Harris"
Дата:
I think we should kill the contrib... I haven't personally seen anyone use it in a long time.  I've found that more and more people are using the Java ETL tools (which is kinda sad because ora2pg is pretty good).

               http://archives.postgresql.org

--
Jonah H. Harris, Database Internals Architect
EnterpriseDB Corporation

Re: Remove ora2pg from contrib

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
On Friday 24 February 2006 11:31, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Apparently, the development of ora2pg is going on at
> <http://www.samse.fr/GPL/ora2pg/>, and quite actively so, rather than in
> contrib, so I see no point in keeping it at the latter location except to
> confuse people.  License uniformity is an extra argument for removal.  So
> please speak up or I'll kill it.

Please kill it already. This has been discussed and agreed upon a number of
times before, the last of which I even sent a quasi-patch to remove this
particular entry.
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2005-12/msg01213.php

Incidentally my offer from that email still stands if you guys are interested.

--
Robert Treat

Re: Remove ora2pg from contrib

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Robert,

> Please kill it already. This has been discussed and agreed upon a number
> of times before, the last of which I even sent a quasi-patch to remove
> this particular entry.

Actually, there are 4-6 more projects slated to get removed from contrib
per decision on this list; they're waiting for me to prepare a home for
them on pgFoundry.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions
San Francisco

Re: Remove ora2pg from contrib

Дата:
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
>> Please kill it already. This has been discussed and agreed upon a number
>> of times before, the last of which I even sent a quasi-patch to remove
>> this particular entry.

> Actually, there are 4-6 more projects slated to get removed from contrib
> per decision on this list; they're waiting for me to prepare a home for
> them on pgFoundry.

Right.  The new information in this thread is that ora2pg should not go
to pgFoundry because it's already got a home elsewhere.
        regards, tom lane

Re: Remove ora2pg from contrib

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
On Friday 24 February 2006 18:37, Tom Lane wrote:
> Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> >> Please kill it already. This has been discussed and agreed upon a number
> >> of times before, the last of which I even sent a quasi-patch to remove
> >> this particular entry.
> >
> > Actually, there are 4-6 more projects slated to get removed from contrib
> > per decision on this list; they're waiting for me to prepare a home for
> > them on pgFoundry.
>
> Right.  The new information in this thread is that ora2pg should not go
> to pgFoundry because it's already got a home elsewhere.

That's not new, see the link I posted.  It's just waiting on Josh or for the
task to be delegated.

--
Robert Treat

Re: Remove ora2pg from contrib

Дата:
Great, please remove it.  Also, please mention the new URL so I can put
it in the release notes.  Thanks.