Обсуждение: Pushing init scripts into contrib/

Pushing init scripts into contrib/

От
Devrim GUNDUZ
Дата:
Hi,

PostgreSQL source tree had init scripts in contrib/ years before:

http://developer.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql/contrib/linux/?hideattic=0#dirlist

I suggest to push the init scripts again into contrib/, for people who
don'u use packaged versions and need init scripts.

We could supply different scripts for different platforms, like the init
scripts of our RPMs, init scripts of Debian, etc.

Any objections?

Re: Pushing init scripts into contrib/

Дата:
Devrim GUNDUZ <devrim@commandprompt.com> writes:
> PostgreSQL source tree had init scripts in contrib/ years before:
> http://developer.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql/contrib/linux/?hideattic=0#dirlist

Aren't those dead versions of what's now in contrib/start-scripts/ ?
        regards, tom lane

Re: Pushing init scripts into contrib/

От
Andrew Dunstan

Devrim GUNDUZ wrote:

> Hi,
>
> PostgreSQL source tree had init scripts in contrib/ years before:
>
> http://developer.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql/contrib/linux/?hideattic=0#dirlist
>

> I suggest to push the init scripts again into contrib/, for people who
> don'u use packaged versions and need init scripts.
>
> We could supply different scripts for different platforms, like the
> init scripts of our RPMs, init scripts of Debian, etc.
>
> Any objections?

There are too many versions of too many platforms to have to keep up
with, IMNSHO. Might be a good pgfoundry project, just as the binary
distros are.

cheers

andrew

Re: Pushing init scripts into contrib/

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
> There are too many versions of too many platforms to have to keep up
> with, IMNSHO. Might be a good pgfoundry project, just as the binary
> distros are.

In general yes BUT it seems like a good idea to have:

Linux
FreeBSD
MacOSX
Solaris

As though are the most popular platforms.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

> cheers
>
> andrew

> TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend

Re: Pushing init scripts into contrib/

От
Devrim GUNDUZ
Дата:
Hi,

On Mon, 26 Dec 2005, Tom Lane wrote:

> Devrim GUNDUZ <devrim@commandprompt.com> writes:
>> PostgreSQL source tree had init scripts in contrib/ years before:
>> http://developer.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql/contrib/linux/?hideattic=0#dirlist
>
> Aren't those dead versions of what's now in contrib/start-scripts/ ?

Oh... I haven't seen start-scripts :(

Thanks.